Question re range burner replacement

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I am curious as to whether it is as easy to replace a burner on a ceramic smooth top range as it looks. Has anyone done this. I've done burners on open burner ranges often but never on a smooth top.

BTW I do not need or want all of the advice about electrical safety that usually comes with this kind of question. I am fully aware of how to work safely around electrical things - and I am smart enough to shut off the breaker before I start.:):)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well I thought it looked pretty easy but now and they there's something that isn't obvious .... that's what I was wondering about.

edicehouse

I believe Smitty is looking for the oh things the videos don't show. I watched how to change brakes on a car, and some reason getting the rotors off an 8 year old truck was a lot harder than they showed it in the video.

DSurette

My daughter dropped something on her smooth top and broke the glass. I replaced the whole top for her and was surprised at how easy it was. The individual burns are also very easy to replace but you will have to remove the whole top to do it.
If you go to ApplianceBlog | Appliance Repair Blog Forums you can get some good information and videos there.

Top Bottom