Question for Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stuckinohio

Jeff,

I suppose this has been suggested before, but here's my question:

Would it be possible to have an option to subscribe to the classifieds which would provide immediate notification when an ad was posted rather than nightly at midnight?

Or maybe this is already an option and I am simply overlooking how to do it. If that is the case hopefully someone will chime in and tell me how! The only thing I can accomplish is a daily notification at midnight.

Lewis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Trying to beat Mal to stuff??? ;) I'm pretty sure I'm subscribed and get instant notifications... You'd have to change ALL your notifications to instant and then subscribe to the classifieds.

stuckinohio

Duh, yeah. He's fast!

Well, I am set for instant notification on everything, but when you subscribe to classifieds it doesn't do that.

Do you get instant for each time someone posts an ad?

wood128

I have been posting a weekly sale on the classifieds , usually occurring at 4 PM EST on Wed. .......with 10 LOTS ( 6 blanks per Lot )

My daughter also posts a weekly sale every Friday evening about 9 PM EST .

We don't send out any e-mail notices.

I believe there are still a few LOTS available from last week.

If you have an interest in any kind of domestic/exotic hardwoods for pen blanks , just send me a PM .......I might have some !!!:):cool:

I thank all of you again for buying my blanks. It has been fun :bulgy-eyes:
Joe

stuckinohio

Just so no one gets the wrong idea. Mal and I are very good friends and I don't think he'll get upset at me for poking fun!

Curly

The fact that Mal hasn't responded means he is hurt, devastated, curled up in the fetal position under his lathe, softly crying his heart out. ;)

stuckinohio

The fact that Mal hasn't responded means he is hurt, devastated, curled up in the fetal position under his lathe, softly crying his heart out. ;)

Or he is stalking the classifieds, hitting "refresh" every 3 seconds, rather than the 15 seconds he used to do it.:biggrin::tongue:[/QUOTE]

I think Chris nail nailed it on the headand we are missing all the good stuff!!!!

wood128

Look out you guys........Mal will certainly reply to these comments. :bulgy-eyes::redface::cool:
:biggrin::rolleyes::redface:......He is busy working on the script.

Take care,

Joe

magpens

Mal is done ... finished ... caput ... nada ... you name it ...

... now take that however you like .... :biggrin:

Come on you guys ! .... you know this is a dog-eat-dog world ....

At least you guys have given this mild mannered and agreeable CAT that impression !!

(Lance learned that pretty quick ! .... Go for it Lance !! .... I told you before that I have turned the playing field over to you, didn't I ...:biggrin: ... I am sure I said this when you joined, but here it is again ... WELCOME TO IAP !! .... Yer gonna take your lumps too, eventually !)

OK, so let me now say, I wish there were an instant reply to posts other than "Like" ....

Sometimes it's appropriate to respond "Pffffft !" ... instanteously without having to type it !!!

But be careful you guys .... I can type faster than any of you ...... LOL !!!

A "thumbing your nose" emoticon could be helfpul at times, also .... when your "friends" become unruly !!!! :biggrin:

Jeff, can you put that on your bucket list of "to-dos", please !!!

I am going to subscribe to this outrageous thread just so I can be ready to instantly respond to the next onslaught ... :biggrin:

Takes more than this to shut ME up ..... !!!

Last edited:

magpens

I can't figure out what the purpose of Joe's post #6 is.

Sounds for all the world like he is trying to sell something ... or trying to shove something down our throats .... Gosh, talk about hijacking a thread !!!!!

And this is ... "Casual Conversation" .... ?????

And then Joe's second post ... #12 ... beats me what that guy is up to !

I honestly don't think the OP thought the thread would go in this direction. He's a really nice guy and would never have intended this to happen !!

Last edited:

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
I just checked the classifieds and Mal cleaned them out while you guys were distracted here. I was taking photos as fast as I could to get items listed so Mal had free rein without interruptions . Thanks Mal, that was the most business I have ever done in such a short span of time.

magpens

YOU JEST, Alton !!! . I haven't bought anything since the last time !!!

And I haven't even paid for the last time yet ... SO WHAT YA GOT NOW, MAN ? More goodies ?

I just checked the classifieds and Mal cleaned them out while you guys were distracted here. I was taking photos as fast as I could to get items listed so Mal had free rein without interruptions . Thanks Mal, that was the most business I have ever done in such a short span of time.

MRDucks2

I found that us new folks can sometimes get a day or two reprieve from Mal if we make him feel sorry for us, so he can't be all bad.
I have also learned that I get up about 2 hours before him in the morning. LOL
Unfortunately I am now broke until May (unless it is really unique and a great buy). [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

magpens

I'm also broke ... so now is your chance, Mike ... take a loan, sell the car ... LOL

Curly

I found that us new folks can sometimes get a day or two reprieve from Mal if we make him feel sorry for us, so he can't be all bad.
I have also learned that I get up about 2 hours before him in the morning. LOL
Unfortunately I am now broke until May (unless it is really unique and a great buy). [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Mal stays awake until about 1:00 or 2:00 am Pacific time so is only just going to sleep just before the sun comes up in your neighbourhood.

I think he is a pen blank vampire with dark sunglasses. :eek:

thewishman

We had better watch out before Mal posts a thread titled:

"I'll pay 5% more than your listing price, just PM me before you post a sale!"

And changes his signature to:

"Save time and sell directly to me - it's easier than attaching photos to a thread!"

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff,

I suppose this has been suggested before, but here's my question:

Would it be possible to have an option to subscribe to the classifieds which would provide immediate notification when an ad was posted rather than nightly at midnight?

Or maybe this is already an option and I am simply overlooking how to do it. If that is the case hopefully someone will chime in and tell me how! The only thing I can accomplish is a daily notification at midnight.

Lewis

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Instant notification is only provided for threads. The forum option is only daily.

Top Bottom