Quality Time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

Spent the day trout fishing with my 80 year old dad, 13 year old nephew, and 3 other male relatives who did not have much fishing experience. By the end of the day I had given up both of my fishing poles, lended out most of my tackle and spent lots of time straightening out everyone else's gear. I still managed to catch a lot of fish, shared bragging rights with Dad, had the pleasure of watching my Dad school the other guys, and coached my nephew in catching several nice fish. Not sure who had the most fun- the oldster or the youngster. I do know it was a day that I will always treasure.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

You are so lucky to have your Dad fishing at 80. I miss mine greatly. I'm so glad for your wonderful day. :)

I am sorry for your loss and wish everyone could be this fortunate. Dad has had 2 heartaches and I try to spend as much time with him as I can. He lives 4 hours away so it's not as often as I would like. I have been blessed with great parents and the realization that time with them is very precious.

My Dad is gone too, but I still remember the days I spent fishing with him. He was a leisurely bank fisherman, most in creeks or stock tanks in and around where he lived.... when I had a boat I tried to get him to go out in it, but he wasn't interested, just preferred to sit on a bucket on the bank..... I enjoyed every minute, even though it was annoying that I could fish 2 feet from his bobber and he would catch the fish and the fish only took my bait and then laughed at me.

Top Bottom