Pumpkin pie for breakfast on Black Friday....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

and lunch and supper, bed time snack. I love pumpkin pie

I can't find a GOOD recipe for sweet potato pie

Woodchipper

Pumpkin is pumpkin. My wife made once a pie from scratch and wrote it off as too much trouble. Like the chefs on TV, "grate a quarter cup of cheddar cheese." Hey, save time and get it at the grocery, already grated. Plus, it lasts longer.
I'll get a great recipe for pumpkin pudding- pie without crust. No crust to fool with and bake it in the microwave. Wife would make it on Sunday and, between me and the kids, it was gone by Tuesday evening. Remember, if it wasn't for work and school, it would be gone by Monday evening.

greenacres2

Morning is too early for me to have pie, so i lobbed off a slab of pumpkin roll instead. Butter cream fill is an awesome way to start a day!!
earl

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Oh my yes... But, Sweet Potato Pie, Chocolate Cheesecake Pie or some of the Walnut Pecan Pie would suffice as "adequate substitutes". Alas, at our house at 10 PM all were available, at 6 AM mysteriously all were gone!!!

Yep, that was my breakfast this morning.:eat: Thing is, with all 9 other siblings home for Thanksgiving, the deserts don't last more than a serving each!:befuddled: Anything left is hidden in some dark cupboard by the younger ones before you can think about seconds.

Pumpkin pie is okay... but my favorite is Pecan... I made an extreme sacrifice this holiday and left the uneaten Pecan pie at our friends house... trying to cut back on sweets some (not too much, but some...) But Pecan pie with a big scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is to die for.

You can make a sweet potato pie using a pumpkin pie recipe, just substitute the potato for the pumpkin...

Top Bottom