PSI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JHFerrell

Okay, is it just me or does anyone else think PSI takes to long to fill orders? I place an order with them on September 5 and according to their order tracking system, my order still hasn't shipped:( I do know though that they took my money already[}:)] Am I expecting too much for a simple order to be shipped in less than 10 days? Looks like CSUSA will start getting my business from now on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ilikewood

Some people have been very satisfied with PSI....others have not. Seems like you just get the luck of the draw when you place an order with them.

I personally have only had a problem with their customer service, which has much to be desired.

JHFerrell

Bill, I have been satisfied with the stuff I have already ordered and received from PSI, I will gladly admit that. It just seems they could fill and ship orders a little quicker than they do. Admittedly, I am not the most patient person in the world either. Its just that till this next order arrives, I am at a standstill and I think I'm beginning to see pink elephants!!![:0]

Rifleman1776

Not a hair difference in any of the bigger outfits, PSI, CS, Woodcraft, HUT, etc. That's been my experience. All good in most areas. I shop items, quality, price and shipping. Where the ducks line up, I shoot.

wayneis

I get very quick shipping from Craft Supply and BB when ever I place orders with them. They also get the bulk of my business. Most times when I place orders from either of these two the order is shipped out the next day.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Generally if I order from CSU or BB on a Monday, I have my order by Thursday, Friday at the absolute latest and I live on the other end of the country from them..

epson

I have ordered from PSI and usually get my order within 3 days from placing the order. Many times it only takes two days. I am very close to them, I am in Virginia. I also order from the companies on the western part of the country like Craft supplies and Arizonia Silluete. They take longer to get them due to the shipping across country. If you want quick deliveries, then order from a company near you.

Gary Max

Heck I guess I am just living right. When I call Fritz at Woodturningz I have my stuff in less than 48 hours. Of course I am only 220 miles away. Sometimes I get it the next day if I am lucky. I like saving money and getting great service.

Dario

I order most of my stuff from Arizona Silhoutte (BB). BB is super fast and the packagaging is the best...actually my only complain is that it is so well done...I need a cutter to open my box!!! [:D]

Next is CSUSA.

Maybe I should look at Woodturningz again, if only their web site is better... [:D] [;)]. I know this is beating a dead horse but can't resist [}:)]

rduncan

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />I don't understand why anyone would order from PSI when Wood Turningz has the same stuff CHEAPER. Once in a while you have to wait a few extra days but $$$ saved!
I was just about to post that the eason I don't is because the website is, well shall I say "Lacking". Then I just checked and it's a vasted improvement over a couple weeks ago. I actually like browsing websites because it lets me think things over and add things here and there and that's hard while on the telephone with a vendor. I admit I have been ordering PSI from POC but my last order is in some holding pattern. Perhaps PSI isn't sending inventory to the vendors like in the past. All in all thanks for making me take another look at his site. [:)]

Woodbutcher68

When I order from PSI, they use a USPS/DHL service. When I track it online, I usually see it sitting somewhere for a day or two, then it makes it's way to Illinois and back to Indiana on a 10 day journey. I heard that you can request UPS and get it faster but it costs extra.
I've got a friend who is a distributor and lives about 45 miles away. I get it a lot cheaper and quicker through him.

jwoodwright

Here's another plug for Woodturningz...

Order on Monday Morning, usually receive Thursday Afternoon by Flat rate Priority Mail to Anchorage, Alaska...

That's because Woodturningz knows that Flat rate applies to Alaska...
While some flashier suppliers charge extra for Alaska...

So, I'll remain loyal to Woodturningz...

alamocdc

John, I'm with many of the others. I order quite a few PSI items (regularly), but since I found Woodturningz I only get them from them. 1) They are less expensive and 2) they ship much faster. The only time I have to wait is when they actually have to order the item(s) I want and I still get it about as fast, if not faster, than if I'd ordered it directly from PSI.

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Methinks that some blame the vendor for delays caused by the shipping company. Only experience over a period of time can lead to definate conclusions.
If the shipper picks the delivery company you can.
Choosing a reliable delivery company is part of good customer service.
If you pick the delivery company, it's your own fault!

JHFerrell

Just an update....I was notified this morning by e-mail that my order has been shipped. The expected delivery date is September 22. That is 17 days after I ordered it. Admittedly, Spokane, Washington is a long way from Pennsylvania, but I think 17 days is just too long. Oh well....such is life.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Ryna at Woodturningz carries most of the PSI items.
Use the PSI Catologue and order from the secon price tier,i.e. cheaper.
If you want one kit you get the ten kit price 10 kits the next one up.
Jason is no longer there but Fritz is great to deal with.
Yes their website is lacking but you don't need it because of the PSI cat..
I also order from AS and and I realize the web ordering makes it more efficient but calling 1-888-penkits gets me to a real person.I don't even bother with PSI direct anymore.

Ligget

I order through Pens of Color, Sheila posts it Global Priority through USPS, all the way to Scotland in just over a week. WOW[:p]

Woodturningz site is getting there, new baby wont be helping! LOL

JHFerrell

Wow...this is great information to have. Here I just really wanted to kinda vent some frustration and I find out I can get most if not all PSI items at other places and that those places are quicker and cheaper[:D] I really appreciate all the input, thanks.

Daniel

My most recent order was with CSUSA. I placed it yesterday. was just notified that it has been shipped. less than 24 hours. and I expect it will be here on monday. I can't say much about P.S.I. as I'm one of the woodturningz or POC type. usually POC. having to call in my order to Ryan simply becomes a hassle.

MikeM

When ever I need some supplies I just E-Mail Ryan and in a matter of hours he sends me a reply about the order. I always get good super service from Ryan and will continue to place my orders with him. I also get a trackinig number with each order. My supplies usually get here in four five days and if it's something he has to order it takes 5 to 8 dsys and before he orders it he lets ya know that fact. can't beat the service. Thanks Ryan. Mike822

wayneis

With PSI you can go into their web site and track any order you place with them. For about the last year when I checked on my orders it took them many times over a week to get it packed and shipped. What started this thread was JHFerrell tracking his order after ten days and finding that it had not even been shipped yet. Thats bad business any way that you look at it.

Wayne

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Methinks that some blame the vendor for delays caused by the shipping company. Only experience over a period of time can lead to definate conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom