A Proud Parent... Again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thank you to my turning friends to tolerate my "Parent Gloats."

My eldest son (Nephew actually) just won a gold medal in the National Skydiving League - 4 Way Competition.

https://www.skyleague.com/pages/teams/showTeam.php?team=140909

He is Chris Haslam.

Background: Chris is my Nephew. My Sister-In-Law and Brother-In-Law died in a plane crash as they were going to a sky diving meet in 1991. My wife and I are Chris' Godparents, and we were blessed with a second toddler within a weekend (our son was 16 months old, Chris was 2 years old). Chris' mother (Jayne Marchant) represented the USA in the World Skydiving Competitions in 1986 and 1990 (as the only civilian member) - 6'th best in USA - 1986 and 4'th best in USA - 1990, respectively. Scot Haslam (Dad) was a pilot for US Air, and was ranked in the top 50 in USA.

My wife (Nancy) and I always suspected Chris would follow in their footsteps (jumpsuits); and we supported whatever he wished to pursue.

So... Last month he completed his first Ironman Competition in about 13 hours, and now he got a gold for skydiving... (I'll try to turn a square block round...). :tongue:

His first parents are mighty proud right now!!!

Jayne and Scot - We did our best!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Mark,
Hats off and two thumbs up to you and your wife........
...and Huge Congratulations to Chris!

I hope you are documenting all this for future generations so they can hear, see, and understand this journey.

Congrats Mark you should be proud. But with all of that talent in your family you have to step your game up and come out with a breakthrough in the pen turning world.

In other words your slacking you have to pick up you game man, lol

Mike

Skie_M

Turn him a pen (or something nice with beads on it) and make a bag for it from one of his old parachutes. The silk in those is really nice stuff, and very strong! :)

southernclay

Mark I love these kind of stories, he's obviously had a tougher hand than many but been surrounded by love....Y'all are good people. He's got a heck of a drive and a bright future ahead of him. You deserve to be very proud!

Top Bottom