Private Reserve Avacado Ink

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OK, my first ink evaluation....
Here is a sample of PR Avacado I tried out today in my Namiki VP Medium nib...
Overall, a very nice dark green with some grayish undertones, but no where near as gray as Noodler's Sequoia. Looks like the skin of a nice fresh avacado... MMMM might account for the name, HUH..
Laid down a nice wet line with the VP on just about all papers tried... feathered a bit on ink jet paper, but I expected that... I use cheap ink jet paper...
Still not exactly the color I am looking for, I might have try adding some Sherwood Green and mix some samples to get to the color of my pen ... This colored ink stuff is getting addictive...
I found no difference in color or toning between the medium and broad VP nibs... decided I like the medium better, so the broad is going to get regound to a stub one of these days...
I did notice that about an hour after writing the ink was definately darker than when first dried... not horribly darker, but enough to see.

2005111619367_PR_Avacado.jpg

Scott

Dang Tom, that was quick! Do you live just down the street from Pam? [:D]

I like the color of the Avacado! Yes, I think if you lighten it with some Sherwood Green, it might work for you. I think I'll be picking up a medium nib for my VP, and I may have talked myself into trying a new Parker 100. Guess I'll have to sell some pens to people so I can afford new toys!

Scott.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Scott, I ordered on Monday afternoon and it arrived today... what can I tell you.... she is amazing... she shipped it the same day and told me to send a check.... I have never dealt with that kind of customer service...
The only problem I have now is that I have created a little ink monster...
After picking up my 6 yr old from school, I showed her the new PR Avacado ink I am using...
She asked if anyone makes a golden color or a pink color...
So I showed her the PR and Noodler color charts...
"Daddy, next time you buy ink would you get me some Noodler Apache Sunset, it is real pretty and I am tired of writing with blue ink"....

MMMMMM... do you think we can get Nils to do that... [:p][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom