Printing waterslides

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Aces-High

I have done some water slides with success, but sometimes when I print them in high Rez, the black print comes out green for some reason. Weird right? I use an HP inkjet. And ideas on why this happens? I usually get through this by making multiple printing on a lower rez, so l putting the thing I printed through more that once after the ink dries.

Thanks,

Jason

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oldfolks

If you look up the definition of black it is the absence of color. Therefore it seems that it would not possible to mix colors to get black. At least that is my understanding of the definition.

Snowbeast

I was told by a techie type at an office supply store that inkjet printers will lay down a layer of yellow, then one of red and then one of blue before the final layer of black. That's why all of your ink cartridges run out even if you only print black and white documents.

This issue sounds like one of your colors is a bit lower than the rest and not providing the full color saturation needed.

FWIW - I am not a printer expert, nor did I play one on TV and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.:biggrin:

Gary Beasley

Yes printers do lay down all colors to get max density, but that introduces color shifts in the black when some detail is off, such as absorbtion rate or whatever. My Epson driver has provisions for printing with black only to get away from that. You may need to do a pass for the black type then one for whatever color is going into the image.

renichols

It could be the quality of the ink. In the past we used to buy off brand for our printers and had problems with colors not right and the printer head plugging easily. Now we only use OEM and have not had a problem.

PatrickR

I have done some water slides with success, but sometimes when I print them in high Rez, the black print comes out green for some reason. Weird right? I use an HP inkjet. And ideas on why this happens? I usually get through this by making multiple printing on a lower rez, so l putting the thing I printed through more that once after the ink dries.

Thanks,

Jason

This sounds like the color setting of the original and/or the printers color handling settings.
If you are printing an image downloaded it probably has an embedded color profile for the web. Try changing the color handling setting in the printing dialog. If you are creating the image specify black as grayscale or CMYK, K = 100%.

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom