Pretty Wood Pen (PWP) Contest is ready and waiting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

Here's your chance to use that stick of fantastic wood that you've been hoarding.

Enter the 2018 IAP BASH PWP Contest

This is the contest for anyone and everyone! No fancy-pants segmenting, no resins, no CNC, no painting, no dyes, no stains, no casting. . . .just a fine piece of wood made the way nature wanted to make it.

In addition to the three (as yet determined) prizes, two IAP members have generously donated prizes for a random draw of all entrants that don't finish in the top three. The random draw prizes will be announced later in the contest.

If I was as shameless as CREID, I'd bump this at least twice a day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brian G

This would be a great weekend to go to the shop and make your PWP entry!

You could be a winner of one of the fabulous prizes donated by generous members and vendors!

First - Norseman Drill bit set from Mark James $84
Second - gift certificate from Georges bit of Timber $50
Third - Ring neck pheasant blank set for jr gent from JohnU $35

I was a lucky recipient of a Norseman Drill set donated by Mark as a prize for a contest in last year's BASH. Those are fantastic drills!

I don't think George has a single piece of wood that doesn't qualify as a pretty wood!

A pheasant blank set from JohnU on a nicely turned Jr. Gent would be a perfect complement to your nicely turned PWP, wouldn't it?

WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Two members have offered additional prizes for a random drawing among all entrants that don't finish in the top three.

One member who chooses to remain anonymous has donated a genuine Lou Metcalf pretty wood pen! How cool is that?

Member greenmtnguy has donated some pretty wood pen blanks and a shredded money blank.

PWPrdp1.jpgPWPrdp2.jpg

Thank you Mark, George, John, Anonymous (you know who you are!), and Alton for supporting the BASH and the PWP contest!

Brian G

I can tell you that 100% of the prizes will be awarded.

There is one full week left to submit your entry.

Reconsider posting Pretty Wood Pens in the SYOP forum and enter them in the PWP contest instead! You have nothing to lose.

p.s. Hi CREID! How am I doing with the shameless thread bumping?

Brian G

Good thing some people have Monday as a holiday.

This is the last weekend to finish your PWP and enter by 11:59 p.m. Central on Monday, February 19.

Brian G

Before posting in the SOYP forum, consider entering the PWP contest if the pen meets the rules.

Bad reasons not to enter:

1.) "I probably won't win." Maybe you won't place in the top three, but you're eligible for one of two random draw prizes.

2.) "My pictures stink." Maybe so, but you'd still be eligible for one of two random draw prizes.

3.) "I don't have any fancy-pants exotic wood." Maybe not, but sometimes pretty wood is lurking in the firewood pile, and you'd still be eligible for one of two random draw prizes.

A good reason to enter:

You could win one of two random draw prizes if you don't finish in the top three.

Top Bottom