presidential humor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this on another forum :)
1) go to www.google.ca
2) type in failure
3) press the I'm feeling lucky button (instead of the google search one)
4) Forward to others before the Google folks fix this!
Hope I didn't offend anyone

Edit:
I feel an apology is in order. I did not intend to offend anyone and the last thing I want to do is cause any bad feelings. If I had thought a bit I would never have passed this along. I hope you will accept my heartfelt apology and forgive me, George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

George, I aint mad. It is kinda funny. But the thing is we protect our Texans around here especially our presidential Texans. No hard feelings here.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
This is Google's explanation to why you get that answer

"If you do a Google search on the word [failure] or the phrase [miserable failure], the top result is currently the White House’s official biographical page for President Bush. We've received some complaints recently from users who assume that this reflects a political bias on our part. I'd like to explain how these results come up in order to allay these concerns.

Google's search results are generated by computer programs that rank web pages in large part by examining the number and relative popularity of the sites that link to them. By using a practice called googlebombing, however, determined pranksters can occasionally produce odd results. In this case, a number of webmasters use the phrases [failure] and [miserable failure] to describe and link to President Bush's website, thus pushing it to the top of searches for those phrases. We don't condone the practice of googlebombing, or any other action that seeks to affect the integrity of our search results, but we're also reluctant to alter our results by hand in order to prevent such items from showing up. Pranks like this may be distracting to some, but they don't affect the overall quality of our search service, whose objectivity, as always, remains the core of our mission."

OH, and BTW if you just do a Google search on the word failure you will find Michael Moore's site listed second... not that one should definately be in first place...

cozee

It doesn't matter what party holds office, somewhere, sometime, if someone can be offended, they will be. Offense is not a matter of being given but one of being taken. It is a choice by the one presented with the opportunity to take it. But offering the apology is doing the right thing!![:)]

Whether President Bush was one's choice upon the ballot or not the fact remains he is President and we should support him. We may or may not hold the same views and values as he does but as the leader of this nation, as citizens, we are to do our part and encourage him. And in all this we must remind ourselves that albeit, despite his position in this society, he is human just as we are, meaning he is only as perfect as we are.

So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.........[:D]

So that readers will know, I had said the same things when the preceding party held office.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom