Prayers please...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

As many of you know I attend a day centre Mon to Fri, this is for people who suffer severe and/or long term mental health problems.

One of my main friends at the centre is a member called Darren, he is approx my own age and loves pens, any new ones I make I have to take in to show him. We got along great for many years, being open with each other about our problems helped us both and I could open up to him and him to me, or so I thought.

I walked into the cente yesterday and was told that Darren had commited suicide the previous evening, I just could not believe it and still can`t, no signs were evident that he was going to do this. I was and still am shocked!

Anyway, he was divorced but had a couple of young kids that he loved dearly, so can you say a prayer for my good friend Darren when you can it would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

my deepest sympathies to you and his family as you try to come to terms with this. may peace and understanding both come with time.

Daniel

Mark, my prayers for both you and Darren. It is very hard when you loose a friend so suddenly. It takes a while to even sink in. Take care of yourself.

I feel for you and know what you are dealing with. I had a friend do the same thing, no one ever thought that he would do somthing like that. Please rest assured that prayers are sent. And please seek assistance from those close to you to help you get through this. Seek counseling if you at all feel it would help.

Winchester, Hampshire. SO22 5LB, United Kingdom.
Mark.
It's at times like this that ones thoughts go to all those that are affected.
I'm not a particularly religious person but I sincerely hope that you, and all involved, can draw on everyones prayers, no matter what religion, so that you and your friends family can, in time, overcome your grief.
Be strong, and I know that you will come through this.
My thoughts to all those touched by this.
Ian.

DocStram

Mark ..... I can't imagine the pain and sadness that you must be feeling. Certainly, there was NOTHING that you could have done to prevent his death. The reality of the situation is that Darren is gone .... there is no bringing him back. But now, you need to focus on your own health and try as hard as you can to take care of yourself.
(pm sent)

GBusardo

Sorry for your loss and the anguish it must be causing you. My prayers are with you. Please take care of your self. I hear pen turning is great therapy, i love seeing your work!

Jim Smith

Mark,

I am very sorry for your loss. You and your friend's family are in my prayers. I have been in a somewhat similar situation myself and I know what a kick in the stomach it is. I spent several years feeling guilty that I hadn't been able to see any warning signs. I spoke with a doctor about it later and he said that quite often men do not show the "typical" warning signs and they don't attempt suicide, they just commit it. You are in my prayers.

God Bless.

Jim Smith

novop711

Mark, I am sorry to hear of this loss, my condolences to you. You and Darren will be in my prayers. I know what you are feeling, I had a cousin commit suicide several years ago, and like DocStram has said there is nothing you could have done to prevent this.

dntrost

Mark.
I know exactly how you feel my best friend shot himself last year. He was one you have never thought would do it. We worked together for 10 years and he was happily married with 3 lovely children. He did something stupid and got caught by his wife. I was just numb for weeks asking myself if there was anything I could have done. This is even tough to write today. Just believe me it is not your fault nor was there anything you could have done. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family as they are the ones suffering. So Sad.

PR_Princess

Mark, my deepest sympathies are with you, Darren's family, and all the others that knew and loved him. For Darren, may God finally grant him the peace that he so desperately sought.

Ligget

Thanks to everyone who replied to this thread and through private mail, I can draw much needed strength from the great members of this forum!

Thank You!

drayman

wow mark, i know what you are going through. keep strong and look after youself. our prayers are with you my friend.

M

monkeynutz

Oh man, that really sucks. Life is a gift that some people are simply not able to accept well. Try not to be upset that you missed anything or were fooled by Darren's not giving off any signs... It's true that many suicides are very calm prior to the fact. It's as though they are relieved by the fact that they have reached some kind of decision. Please try to move forward from this, and keep the good memories of your friend alive.

Top Bottom