Prayers please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Please say a prayer for my best friend of 33 years.
I took my wife into the ER yesterday morniing.
The doctors say it is blood poisoning. She took a fall last monday.
Saturday her leg wes swelled to the point that I force her into the car.
The say Doctors are the worse patients......nurses are #2.

Thanks you everyone

elkhorn

Wayne, my prayers are with you and your family. We'll keep you all in our prayers.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Vicky!

Call if you need to chat.

Last edited:

stonepecker

I believe in the power of prayer

THANK YOU EVERYONE.

Saturday morning I took my wife to the ER kicking and screaming because she didn't want to go. While I have great respect for her as a nurse, there are times she doesn't think of herself.
When her right leg swelled and her hips had streaks running in it towards her bruse/cut.......I got worried. The doctors admitted her into the hospital and started antibiotics by IV. Sunday morning there was no change in her blood tests. This morning there has been a great change in the test and her doctor says she can be discharged this afternoon when the final tests come back. (If the changes keep happening)

The doctor will send her home with meds and she is restricted to the house. Meaning for the next several days she will go from bed to her chair. She can read and watch TV and play computer games. I will be waiting on her hand and foot and keeping her resting.

With your prayers and help from the powers that be.......she will make a full recovery. I won't begin to tell you how scared I was. I can't begin to tell you how important she is in my life. I don't even want to think of my life without her. She is everything to me. My best friend for 30+ years.

So I just want to send a big THANK YOU to all. There is power in prayer. And the "Family" of the IAP has been a great support to me during this time.

Bless you all.

Last edited:
Wayne,
Sorry to be late, just now read your thread. Glad Missus Stonepecker is healing and getting better... I know what you just went through... in Dec 2013 my wife reached a point she couldn't get up out of her chair, so I called an ambulance and sent her to the ER... she had a blood infection that was raging throughout her body. After a week or more in the hospital, they sent her over to another hospital for tests and possible heart problems... they put her on a course of antibiotics and sent her to a nursing center for 4 months where they administered the meds twice daily... finally got her home in March, only to have her have a stroke after being home only 10 days... another ambulance ride to a local hospital, where she was immediately sent back to the larger hospital she was at earlier... by the time I got to K'ville following the ambulance, she was in a comatose state... they were treating her for the stroke and again worried about her heart... seems the blood infection had returned and attached itself to her mitral valve... after about 3 days in the hospital, they decided to do a valve replacement and she was in the hospital another week before discharge... they wanted to send her back to the nursing center, but she was so upset about that they decided to try home health care at home with me and a visiting nurse caring for her... that was a scary scary time for me... like you, Dianne is best friend and LOML... it's been just about 2 years since all this and I thank the powers that be every day for her recovery.

RKB

Great news to hear your wife doing so much better. Thoughts and prayers for her continued recovery.

Rod

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That is great news Wayne! So much garbage going on in the world that it is so too easy to lose sight of what is really important in our lives - our loved ones!

I can just imagine you waiting on Vicky with a nice pink towel draped over your forearm... :wink::tongue::wink:

stonepecker

She had a blood test this morniing and then I brought her home again. Tests came back almost negative....Doctor called and said two more days of being pampered and then I can let her fend for the family again. The bruses have healed mostly but there is still a nice discolor to them.....more like a halo.
She has me making all her favorites. Seafood salad.....BarBQ.....Piza....etc. :tongue:
Fetching ice water......scratching her back......getting her ice cream......etc. :eek:

Wait until I am sick next time.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. And when she is sick of me.......I am going fishing! :biggrin:

Jim Smith

Wayne, That is great news! I'm so glad that she is doing well and if she can stomach your cooking, her immune system must be back to full strength;) Thanks for sharing this good news.

Jim SMith

bobleibo

Wayne
Like I told you on the phone, you may want to pump the brakes on the "Wait until I am sick next time" deal. You might end up going fishing a lot sooner than you expect. Just practice your line....."Yes Dear" and call it good~
Glad everyone is home and doing well.
Cheers

She had a blood test this morniing and then I brought her home again. Tests came back almost negative....Doctor called and said two more days of being pampered and then I can let her fend for the family again. The bruses have healed mostly but there is still a nice discolor to them.....more like a halo.
She has me making all her favorites. Seafood salad.....BarBQ.....Piza....etc. :tongue:
Fetching ice water......scratching her back......getting her ice cream......etc. :eek:

Wait until I am sick next time.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. And when she is sick of me.......I am going fishing! :biggrin:

stonepecker

Final report on the LOML.....:worship:

Test reports that there is no more poision in her blood.
Of course, the medications also took out the love and tenderness. LOL :biggrin::eek:

Thank you everyone for the prayers and messages. :) It made things alot easier on me.

Top Bottom