Prayers needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jnelson

Friends,

I have a special prayer request tonight.

My best friend, who got me started on pen turning, had an accident today while clearing some trees damage from a storm. Hugh was working with the chainsaw when a portion of the tree either fell or swung free and smacked him in the head.

At this time, he is in ICU with a broken C2 vertebrae, a broken zygomatic arch (cheekbone), a pretty severe concussion, and a badly bruised ego. He was not harmed by his saw, so that is one major blessing.

I am pretty sure he will be okay, but he needs our prayers. He and I attended our pen turning class at WC together. I went more for the Christian fellowship of the 2 hour drive than for the class. He has been my spiritual mentor for several years, and has a true passion for Christ. I know that if things turn bad, he will reside in a better place. I am just not ready to lose this friend yet.

Please pray for him, his wife, and his children.

Thanks,
Brad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

He sounds like a pretty special guy. Our family will pray that Christ gives him and his family comfort and that they come through this stronger than before.

M

monkeynutz

Prayers are up. Jesus is not ready to call him yet. Too much yet to be done among us.

jnelson

Everyone,

I stopped by the hospital on the way to work this morning and checked on Hugh.

He has closed fractures in C2, C3, C4, and C5 as well as the cheek bone and the frontal bone above his eye. Since they are closed fractures, there is not a need for surgery at this time.

He has no swelling or bleeding in the brain, so that is a good sign as well. I did not get a chance to see him this morning, but his family says that he is lucid. He appears to be suffering from some short-term memory loss (did not remember that he has a 7 month old grandchild), but is otherwise in good shape given the circumstances. He will need a neck brace for about 3 months, so the challenge will be keeping his spirits up and making him behave. He is an extremely independent person, so this will really be a challenge.

Please continue to pray for his speedy recovery, and for his family.

Thanks,
Brad

M

monkeynutz

Brad, with regards to his recovery, I recommend you offer your help, with the explanation that it is now time for you to pay his help forward, so he does not need to feel obligated for your assistance. We are all here to help each other...

wjbowling

Brad,

We are praying for Hugh. There is only one who guides the doctors and know Hugh's needs. You are a great friend to bring this to us and allow us to join our voices. I am praying for your strength as a brother in Christ to be a support for his family.

"When a believing person prays, great things happen." James 5:16

Wes

bdonald

Hey Brad, glad to hear that he is lucid, and really hope that his memory loss is temporary. I'm sure we are all looking forward to him have a fast, full recovery.

Bob

jnelson

Friends,

I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers. Hugh was discharged from the hospital today, and is recovering at home.

He is still in quite a lot of pain, but the outlook is very optimistic.

Please continue to pray for Hugh and his family during this time of healing.

jnelson

Friends,

I just came back from checking in Hugh. He is up and about, albeit moving slowly. He has many more days of pain, but he has lots of prayer cover now.

We think what happened is that a portion of the tree he was working on rolled and blindsided him.

I have shown him this thread, and added it as a favorite for him. Please continue the prayers, and give him encouragement.

Thanks,
Brad

Top Bottom