prayers needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Penmonkey

Sorry guys, I have just been to busy with school and the such to post anything. I just wanted to ask yall to pray for my Grandma & Grandpa. They live in Alvin, right next to Galvston. Not good. The last time I talked to them was Wednesday just as they where about to leave. We have tried there cellphones,email and just about anthing else.:( Please keep them in your prayers. They are both about 70.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I pray that everyone in the path of this storm either evacuates to safety or has a good place to hide and plenty of supplies...
I spoke to Travis last night and he assured me that he is on the high ground away from the path and has a place to go even higher if the storm changes direction...
I tried to get him to ship his tools to me for safety, but he would not go for it... [:p]

JimGo

PM, please let us know if you hear from them. I'm sure they are just trying to get to saefety. Our prayers go out to them and all of those in the storm's path.

By the way, Coach, I know Tom graciously offered to hold your tools...I'd be glad to take in some of your pens and stoppers for you. I promise to take good care of them and sell them as my own!

hobby_dale

Travis, my prayers are with you and your grandparents during this rough time. I wish them and all the others to be safe from fury of Mother Nature.

Ron Mc

Travis,
My father in law had an operation yesterday in Houston and it took us 7 hours to get threw on my mother in laws cell phone. The system is already over loaded.
Please keep this in mind as you continue to try to cal your Grandma and Grandpa.
They will be added to my families prayers.

alamocdc

Coach, you are both named Travis so I guess we're either going to have to stick with your handles, or dub you Big and Little Travis. [;)] PM, it took me two hours to get through to my daughter in the Woodlands last night. All of the network circuits were tied up. Don't worry about it too much for now. I'm sure they'll be okay. My brother told me that the roads were at a near stand still with all those trying to get out. All involved down there are in our prayers.

swm6500

The traffic must really be a bear, BIL said it took them 4 hours to go 45 miles this AM. They are trying to get to Dallas and the last we heard, they expected to get there about
9 PM. This is normally about a 4 hour maximum trip. So if anyone is on the road, they are going to be there for a while. Keeping everyone in our prayers.

BigRob777

Travis A and Travis B,
Man, it just doesn't let up. I would imagine that the cell phone traffic is pretty heavy. Have faith. He won't leave them, or forsake them. Besides, they're Texans. Isn't that God's country?! I'm prayin'.
Rob
BTW, it refers to the hurricanes.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I live in Pearland, which is just north of Alvin. Call ne crazy, but I'll take my chances staying here instead of getting the great fiasco evacuation that everyone else is in. I heard on the radio today that the traffic was so bad and slow, that to save gas, because there was none to be found anywhere along the evacuation routes, that some people had their cars in neutral and were pushing them down the highway, and they were still going faster than the traffic.
Spent the day boarding everything up. I'll check the yard again in the morning and move anything else questionable inside the garage and shop.
I'll poat tomorrow as long as I can until I lose power and/or phone lines.

Dario

Monty,

Good to hear from you. Not sure I agree with your decision to stay but I'll pray for your safety. Find the strongest room in your house now (usually the innermost bathroom)and plan for it to be your stronghold for worst case scenario.

Bring in a mattress and use that as a cover if you have to hide IN the bathtub. Just talking from experience here.

Flashlight, battery operated radio, extra batteries, cell phone , water and non-persihable food are always good to have in that room too.

Good luck!!!
Dario :)

Penmonkey

Man monty, I think that is so stuped to stay! I used to live in Alvin and I know where you are, and I still think you are stuped! Even though you are stuped, you can still run the camcorder, THAT WAY WE CAN SEE HOW YOU DIE!!!
My prayers go out to you, even though you are stuped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom