Practical jokes at work

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

So I am sitting at my desk running some Macros in Excel. These macros are huge so it takes 20 to 30 minutes to run one and I end up running about a dozen today. So needless to say I may play on my phone. There are a couple younger girls that work here, and one of them got silly string. We joke around some, so of course I was a target. So I knew I had to get her back, and I ended up changing her wall paper to a picture of me from the magazine article done on me. Well she edited it and I thought it was funny. Here it is....

Attachments

• ED.docx
    1.2 MB · Views: 146
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WIDirt

I was a sysadm in Denver and we would change the desktops on peoples computers to "My Little Pony" & "Teletubby" pics and such. We had one guy who was pretty adept with photoshop, and some of those were hilarious, but, finally offended someone so that was stopped...

Oh, the good ole days!

Skie_M

I remember back in keyboarding class in high school .... our teacher knew her way around a keyboard and a typewriter without a hitch, but computers?? lol ...

By that time in my life, I had already learned Basic DOS programming pretty well, so I set up a lovely little gag.

Each computer required a DOS boot disk floppy in order to start up and load the typing program. The setup was so old that they didn't even need a site license from Microsoft, MS DOS 5.0 was already past it's support lifetime, and Windows 95 was the new thing on the block.

I modified one of the boot disks in class with a new autoexec.bat file that would boot the system normally, but at the very end it would pause and ask the user if they wished to format the hard drive (none of the computers even HAD a hard drive). It then said "press any key to continue". Once any key was pressed, the directory command would be given repeatedly as a hidden command (it would just show the disk directory) and as it progressed, more and more switches were used that would hide more and more files in the directory from being displayed. Finally, it would display a seemingly empty directory, and print the message "Your Computer Is Clean Now. Have A Nice Day. All Your Base Are Belong To Us!"

Once it was finished, the command prompt would display normally, and you could go about your business. I made 4 disks with this new autoexec.bat file and shuffled them into the pile of boot disks that everybody in EVERY class would use.

Since I was the only one in the classroom with ANY programming experience whatsoever, nobody was able to figure out what was going on ... not even the other teachers who had some experience with computers. A week later, I owned up to it, and told them that there was never any harm done, it was a simple practical joke.

MarkD

Back before the age of the personal computer we used computer terminals. Some of the terminal keyboards had keys that could be removed and replaced. There was an "older" guy in our group that really struggled with his new bifocals and was a one finger typist. Well, knowing that his login id started with "B" someone removed the "B" key from his terminal keyboard and replaced it with a different letter. We all had a difficult time keeping from laughing while he attempted to login but couldn't find the "B" key on the keyboard.

jsolie

I once switched the M and N keys on a co-workers keyboard. Also changed the baud rate on her terminal from 19200 to 50. Needless to say, it took her while to log in that day. My boss got in around the same time as she, and he found it hilarious. Ah, the 90's were fun times.

Skie_M

If you thought just swapping the keys on the keyboard around was funny .... back in college, I swapped out a fellow student's standard keyboard for a Dvorak. The funny part was, he thought it would still work like his normal keyboard if he just ignored the different keys and typed normally, which is NOT the case ....

edicehouse

I did have someone change the keys around on my keyboard, and I didn't notice. One day he said ha figure out who changed your keys, I sat there wondering what he was talking about.

Cmiles1985

I parked somewhere I should t have around the Refinery office (it was not an illegal spot, just where the mechanics "typically" park). The mechanics thought it would be wise to put Never-seize under the driver's door handle. Fortunately, they were messy, and a tiny sparkly wisp caught my eye. They almost got me good!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom