porter cable sander

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarryE

Depends upon what you will use it for.

I have it and use it for squaring up blanks and more. It's heavy and solid, had it for 2 or 3 years, worth the price for me

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have had this exact one for about 3 years. I use it extensively for different segmenting chores. I use the disk sander 95% of the time; rarely the belt sander. It wasn't the cheapest, but I don't suspect I'll ever need another.

This is how I use it to construct the Chevron finials.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
What is the little plastic thing he is offering up to the on/off switch?

I believe it is a lock-out "key." If not inserted, you can't turn it on. Mine has never been touched and appears stuck. My table saws have the same feature, which I did put up when the little nippers were still at home.

Super Dave

I have the same sander, picked it up on Craigslist. I've had a few disc/belt sanders and this is as good as or better. I use if for squaring up blanks, segmenting etc... I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. On mine there is a dust blower and you can attach a bag to it to reduce dust.

Dave

Aces-High

I am planning to use it for normal sanding jobs, squaring blanks et all. I am hoping to use as Mark is, for finishing segmentations. I'm sure the miter gauge that comes with it is not the best, does it fit a normal, better one, like an incra?

Howdy Jan

I have used mine for about a week. No complaints at all. It does a nice job squaring blanks, cleaning up glue on segmented blanks, etc. Dedicated Shop Vac for sander, it seems to be doing the job. For that price you can't go wrong. Super Dave, what does your hand made miter gauge look like? If you don't mind. Thanks

sbwertz

What is the little plastic thing he is offering up to the on/off switch?

I believe it is a lock-out "key." If not inserted, you can't turn it on. Mine has never been touched and appears stuck. My table saws have the same feature, which I did put up when the little nippers were still at home.

Yes, it is a lock out key. When I was working in the scene shop at the college theater, all our power tools had keys like that. We kept the keys out except when in use. You only got a key after you had been checked out on the tool. VERY limited number of students could use the table saw.

Top Bottom