Plans for a porch swing?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I want to help my cousin build a porch swing for the new abode. His vision is to make one with vertical slats for the backrest, spaced to allow ample airflow. I think a 4' seat. Does anyone have, or know of some plans? We have our own lumber. I searched plenty of plans, but found none with the vertical slats.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Chuck lets go here. If you got plans for horizontal slats plans use the same plans and just make the slat vertical. Do a google search or a Bing search and click on images and you will see hundreds of examples. You should be able to build from a photo. Who needs stinking plans. Let the imagination run man. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck lets go here. If you got plans for horizontal slats plans use the same plans and just make the slat vertical. Do a google search or a Bing search and click on images and you will see hundreds of examples. You should be able to build from a photo. Who needs stinking plans. Let the imagination run man. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

John...we want to build the swing from plans made by a plan maker. The swing needs to be nice looking :biggrin: As I said, I've done the search, and didn't find much.

Lucky2

Chuck, can you not find an Adirondack chair pattern in the size you want? The slats on them run vertical, and you can place them as far apart as you wish. You can get porch swing patterns in this style, you should be able to resize them to do what you want.
Len

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, can you not find an Adirondack chair pattern in the size you want? The slats on them run vertical, and you can place them as far apart as you wish. You can get porch swing patterns in this style, you should be able to resize them to do what you want.
Len

Thanks for the idea Len. I think he's trying to avoid anymore brain work than is necessary. :biggrin: However, that's a good thought, and we'll keep searching.

jttheclockman

Top Bottom