Pin Chucks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

Hey all.

For those of you that were interested, I am just wrapping up the next production run of the Baron's and Jr. Statesman Version II chucks. The Baron's will be ready to go tonight (As soon as I can get some pins cut). The Jr's chucks have a slightly larger pin and will be done early next week when I get the pin stock that was on backorder. Thanks for all of your patience. I will post a link tonight for the Baron's and email those of you that wanted one.

Cheers,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mikey

I may wind up buying another Baron chuck in addition to a VII one.

Seems I get a lot of wobble now with mine and I can't figure if I screwed up the drill chuck, or if I may have somehow bent the pin chuck. Judging by the thickness of the pin chuck steel, i find it hard that I could have bent it with a catch, so I'm leaning toward the drill chuck problem.[:(]

Fangar

Hey guys sorry for the delay.

Huzzah, The pins technically can be the same size for any sized rod. However, I know the exact measurements for the Baron as I was making them myself. The time it takes me to make them and get them all together was really causing a strain on my family, fun and sleep time. So I went out to a machinist pal of mine for the work. He gave me a decent price but, it is a business for him, and required a 100 piece minimum (Per size). Keep in mind I wanted the Baron and the Jr. Gents II (That means 200 min).

He nailed the sizes of specifications that I gave him to the thousanth (he is darn good). However, I was unable to really do my trial and error with the Jr Gents II. Therefore the size I gave him was about 1000th smaller than what I should have done. The pins locked, but not as tight as I like them too. So to fix that issue I ordered larger pin stock. A simple fix really.

I have posted a Baron link in the individual classifieds section. The Jr Gents will be there too next week when I receive the stock (Been on order a while now).

Thanks again,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom