Pictures from China Trip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Hi Everybody!

I posted here, and got some great help in choosing a new laptop computer that I wanted to take on a trip to China. I promised to post some pictures from that trip, and here they are. I hope you enjoy them! Let me know if you have any questions.

Scott.

Attachments

• China 003.jpg
    China 003.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 184
  • China 005.jpg
    China 005.jpg
    508.7 KB · Views: 202
  • China 007.jpg
    China 007.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 174
  • China 010.jpg
    China 010.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 180
  • China 013.jpg
    China 013.jpg
    544 KB · Views: 237
  • China 022.jpg
    China 022.jpg
    643.7 KB · Views: 196
  • China 026.jpg
    China 026.jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 197
  • China 031.jpg
    China 031.jpg
    429.9 KB · Views: 206
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

The terraces are at Longji. Our hotel there was up on the side of a mountain, and you had to walk up to it. A half an hour, up the mountain, but there were steps most of the way. I bought myself a new comb there, made out of some native hardwood. They had lots of stuff made of water buffalo horn, but when I saw the wood one, I had to have it!

Scott.

Scott

What part(s) of China did you visit? You must have had a great view from your hotel.

We went all over! We started with two nights in Quilin in southern China. Then one night at Longji where the rice terraces are. Then we travelled to Xian which is more in the west. Xian used to be the Imperial capital, and that is where the Terra Cotta Warriors are. Then we finished up with four nights in Beijing. Our hotel was only about two blocks from the Olympic venues.

It was a fabulous trip! And the best part was the people! Wonderful people! If you have the opportunity to go, I urge you to do it!

Scott.

Rolandranch

We went all over! We started with two nights in Quilin in southern China. Then one night at Longji where the rice terraces are. Then we travelled to Xian which is more in the west. Xian used to be the Imperial capital, and that is where the Terra Cotta Warriors are. Then we finished up with four nights in Beijing. Our hotel was only about two blocks from the Olympic venues.

It was a fabulous trip! And the best part was the people! Wonderful people! If you have the opportunity to go, I urge you to do it!

Scott.
Neat! Sounds like an amazing trip you had! I toured China once with the Tucson AZ Boys Chorus when I was 11. Though we were very busy with concerts, we still had a lot of time for sight-seeing. We went to Beijing, Dalian, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Fuzhou, Ningbo, Huzhou, and Shanghai. We were in the cities for the most part and didn't get to see all the beautiful hills like in your pictures. We did climb part of the Great Wall, see the Forbidden City and the Beijing National Stadium and several other cool sites though. One of my most memorable parts was bartering with the Chinese street vendors.

Woodchipper

Thanks for the story and photos. My son has been in China on two occasions on business. He said it was a totally different experience from living in the USA. Won't go into details but he did visit one factory- went to the men's room and one of the sinks had two live fish it. Lunch for someone. The last time, they had some time to sight-see and visited the Great Wall. He is a mechanical engineer and said the wall was nothing short of amazing and awesome.
Edit: Forgot to mention- my son doesn't like Chinese food.

Last edited:

Scott

Great pics! What is the second to last one?

Hi Derek!

That was kind of an artsy one I took. It was a window in a men's restroom at the Summer Palace, where plants had grown up on the other side of the obscure glass. Just thought it looked cool!

Scott.

Top Bottom