Picking up a new skill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jennera

Took PenGoblin to the Renaissance Faire and she had a chance to try out an older model lathe! She prefers her more modern model!

She was proud to be in two vendor booths where she was able to say "Mom, I can make you that!" and saw some very nicely turned goblets that makes her want to work on her skills this summer.

One booth had some nicely turned fountain pens and another chain maille jewelry which she learned to do from her Dad.

One of the sword booths had a very nice silver pen and dagger set that looked to be dressed with some of Toni's beautiful polymer flower blanks but the young lady did not have information on where the blank had come from. And the $2000 price tag for the set was way out of my budget!
6c94c466328eb81fea34a8875bcc856a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dpstudios

Jennifer, which faire did you go to?
This time of year and Texas, it must have been Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie. Am I right? I did faires all through the 80's is why I ask.

Dan
Sinistre Pens

jennera

Jennifer, which faire did you go to?
This time of year and Texas, it must have been Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie. Am I right? I did faires all through the 80's is why I ask.

Dan
Sinistre Pens
Yes! It was Scarborough Faire! Its been more than 10 years since we last went. Lots of new stuff...still cant see everything I want in one day!

Jennifer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dpstudios

Thought so. I did that show for it's first 5 years and built about 10 booths there and even had a spring pole lathe in my booth. It's been 30+ years since i've been been to SF, would love to go back for a visit.
Glad to see that you're passing on the art of turning to your kids.

Dan
Sinistre Pens

Top Bottom