Photo Storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Now that photobucket has started charging for photo usage and sharing I am looking for another alternative. I know any of these free storage sites can possibly do what PhotoBucket did and start charging for usage but I am looking for ways to store them and please do not say store them here. I have now started placing any photos I use in the forums here in my album and link to it when needed. Lesson learned there. Water under the bridge. I can not do this to all forums I visit. I need a place to store them and there are thousands or potential to be so.

Thought about other free sites but need to figure a way to transfer my photos from PhotoBucket to that free site. Also thought about getting a seperate hard drive or flash drive. Will not put on DVD disc. It was so easy to set up separate albums there.

Any input on this is helpful.

The way PhotoBucket just cut off everyone and no warning is bush league at best. I had no problem putting up with their ads which I understand it takes money to run a site but to do what they did and charge the prices they want is ridiculous and I will not partake.

I would like to take this opportunity to say I am sorry for anyone reading any older threads I posted and had photos linked from PB that are now not showing. I can not get into any of those threads and edit so if something does come up and you would like to see a photo of mine or a question comes up and is better answered with a photo just PM me and I will try to help. This has come up already so I am trying to do the best I can. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

John,

I don't know if Google Drive will provide you what you are looking for. I used it to store some work files and various presentations that I share with others. Its free! At least you get a reasonable amount of space for free.

Wade

Last edited:

gtriever

Mine are stored on my desktop RAID drive and are backed up on two separate Portable Hard Drives. I figure the chances of 4 drives failing at once are remote.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I think if you have amazon prime, one benefit is photo,storage. Not free, but I use all the time for ordering stuff. Also Dropbox is free up to a certain size.

TonyL

Not free, but idrive has some deals for less than $25 a year. Good for pics and your whole computer. You can also b/u many devices if you have more than one. I started using them and their customer service has been very good. Again..not free.

Dehn0045

I use a lot of Google apps, I have a Pixel phone so Google makes that easy. I'm probably assisting their world takeover, but oh well. I like Google photos app, I'm now sure how "free" it is, but hasn't cost me anything. It has some nice auto-sorting features, it even recognizes my 4 different dogs and creates an album for each of them, kinda scary that it can do that actually... Not sure about posting on forums though, I don't use it for that.

Top Bottom