Pet and Animal thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

khouji

Banned
Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I don't like Spiders. I can catch a snake to remove it or make a pen from it depending on what kind it is and how it looks. As far as pets I've had all kinds. Dogs, cats birds and fish. I think animals are a great asset to have and enjoy.

Ambidex

Was a mailman for 30+ years...never had a dog bite me. I think they knew I love dogs. I might be wary around a komodo dragon, or a bear sow with cubs, other than that no real fears that I can think of.:)

MRDucks2

No fears. No dogs right now but likely in the next year and prefer big dogs (St. Bernard, English Mastiff, etc.) though a very loyal Basset Hound was a close friend for years. Prefer to not have to bend down to pet the dog. LOL.

Presently have 2 cats, Snowshoe Siamese sisters rescued in Texas and a Calico outside cat we paid well over $200,000 for and got a free house thrown in. Enjoy a cat in the lap in the evening.

My Avatar is our Texas rescued Mastiff, Bruce who was adopted by and now lives with my Grandson in Southern Indiana, also in the photo. Obviously they are friends.

Woodchipper

FWIW, I was sitting in the middle of a swamp in southeast Louisiana while looking for a place to hunt with three other guys. When I remarked that it might be dangerous, one fellow stated that I was safer than being in my own back yard.
I'm more afraid of people than animals. Just watch the news. Animals can be predictable.

khouji

Banned
I have 2 new puppies and I'm thinking of buying a playpen for them. As I was searching online, I saw these dog playpen which can provide your puppies with a safe and adjustable space of their own. It has a features a top and side opening that provides an easy access to your pet. This dog playpen also includes an adjustable floor that will keep your dogs clean and elevated. With its lightweight and easy to fold feature, you can just carry, transport and store it without exerting too much effort. What do you think guys? Do you have any suggestions for the right playpen for my pups?

MRDucks2

I have used the life stages exercise pen and liked it. The gate was quite secure, you can make it the size and shape you want. Even used it indoors to raise pullets until they were big enough to put outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

stonepecker

The family loves animals. Most of ours are 'founders' or rescued from shelters.
5 cats. 4 dogs. We have had fish, rabbits, and then the local wildlife.

Kids hate spiders and the wife is totally scared of snakes. ANY snakes.

SJScher

always been afraid of snakes for some reason. Have three dogs right now,
Great Dane, chocolate Lab, and a who knows what he is. Used to have a cat also but he passed away a few years ago.

MRDucks2

Wife dislikes spiders and hates snakes. I used to have an equipment shed where a big black snake took up residence for years. He would crawl up a cross brace and you could hear his belly scales on the galvanized siding. She hated that noise! I would catch him from time to time if kids were over so they could touch him. Stunk to high heaven when you held him but he never tried to get away. No mice or rats in warm weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jcm71

If my wife's dogs had not liked me ( or I them) when we first met, our relationship would have been a no go. We have always had cats and dogs in our 43 years of marriage, save the last two when our cat died. We have four Vizslas now.

tomas

I really don't like snakes. I am really a dog person and enjoy doing doggie daycare for my youngest daughter's grand dog. She has a 3 year old Great Dane-Mastiff mix named Vida. She's a 150+lb bundle of sweetness. We've had mutts, Airedales, English and Gordon Setters, Labs, and a Great Dane. They all had unique personalities and attributes.

Tomas

sbwertz

I can handle snakes, lizards, and other reptiles. We often had them as pets. I'm not really afraid of spiders, I have had many pets through the years including an orphaned bobcat kitten, an orphaned pronghorn fawn, an orphaned skunk, (not de-odorized), a squirrel, many dogs, cats, and horses. My two favorites were my 215 lb St. Bernard and our Belgian stallion. who thought he was a house pet.

But I am leery of cows (had an old jersey with a new calf chase me out of her pasture when I was a kid), and I am really afraid of pigs. They can be incredibly dangerous if they have piglets. I don't think I would like having a pot bellied pig for a pet.

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have 2 new puppies and I'm thinking of buying a playpen for them. As I was searching online, I saw these dog playpen which can provide your puppies with a safe and adjustable space of their own. It has a features a top and side opening that provides an easy access to your pet. This dog playpen also includes an adjustable floor that will keep your dogs clean and elevated. With its lightweight and easy to fold feature, you can just carry, transport and store it without exerting too much effort. What do you think guys? Do you have any suggestions for the right playpen for my pups?

When making a post like this, where you intend to appear to be innocently asking about a product, it's always a good idea to mention that you work for the company behind the link.

And, I found your email and IP addresses in the global forum spam database.

And your IP address is in the Philippines, but you say you're in New Jersey.

And you use the exact same strategy and username on other forums, asking innocent questions about pets and posting links related to the things you sell.

You really need to study up on how to shill stuff. You're not very good at it.

And, you're banned from this forum.

Jim Smith

I'm not comfortable around large boar hogs or sows with piglets, but I don't believe that there are any wild animals that I am afraid of. I actually keep snakes as pets (2 honduran milk snakes and 2 Brazilian Rainbow boas.) and although I won't pick a spider up with bare hands, I will capture them and put them outside if I find them in the house. I have a healthy respect for all hornets and wasps which I find when I'm out in my kayak fishing, but that is only common sense since I know that they can fly faster than I can paddle.

tomas

I have 3 daughters who are all 5'12". Here is the youngest with her mastiff/Great Dane mi, Vida, sitting on her lap.
LapDog%20Custom_zpsdqhqhzi2.jpg

Tomas

Last edited:

Pen Zen

When making a post like this, where you intend to appear to be innocently asking about a product, it's always a good idea to mention that you work for the company behind the link.

And, I found your email and IP addresses in the global forum spam database.

And your IP address is in the Philippines, but you say you're in New Jersey.

And you use the exact same strategy and username on other forums, asking innocent questions about pets and posting links related to the things you sell.

You really need to study up on how to shill stuff. You're not very good at it.

And, you're banned from this forum.

Good job and thank you.

Beautys_Beast

I like my dog more than I like most people. Fact is, I like most dogs more than I like most people. Nothing pisses me off faster than someone saying "It's only a dog"

Our current dog is a rescued English Bulldog, and a day doesn't go by, that he doesn't make me laugh. He is completely "adorkable". He was a mess when we got him, but has come SOOO far.

I don't think I fear any animals, as much as I respect them. If I am in their space, or they are with pups, etc. I don't kill spiders in the shop, I figure they keep the rest of the bugs at bay. Generally I leave animals in their environment alone, and they leave me alone. Seems to work.

Top Bottom