The person of the day award

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I posted about a week and a half ago, looking to buy pre-tubed pen blanks, after being asked very last minute about participating in a show. Since I'd recently moved and had to give up my drill press in order to have a smaller shop, I knew I was going to have to learn to drill pen blanks on my lathe, but hadn't gotten around to learning yet. So I thought I'd need to buy some pen blanks with the tubes already in them, so that I could have a few more pens for the show this week. Several people did give me references to where I could buy such blanks, but TonyL offered to drill and glue up blanks for me. Since I already have WAY too many pen blanks, this made a lot more sense than buying more pen blanks. I mailed him a package and within a week, I had them back- drilled, tubes glued in, ends trimmed down and even blanks rounded off. I wanted to post a few pictures of some of the pens I've made, not to show off the pens, but to show off what an amazing gesture this fellow IAP person offered to me and what amazing work he did for me. Someone mentioned on the thread that he deserved to be the person of the day, and I'd definitely agree with that, but I'd bump it up to person of the month!

Attachments

• Sept 29 2017B.jpg
    Sept 29 2017B.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Sept 30 2017B.jpg
    Sept 30 2017B.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

POTM is right. Tony L. is definitely someone you should know. Tony enjoys sharing his knowledge...and generosity.
Ditto a plus for the IAP community.

Top Bottom