People are rude....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

I got the "On this day" thing on facebook. Back on April 17, 2014 I put the following, "Kelly DePietro, my loving wife, is on of the most beautiful people I have ever met, especially for her age!"

Do you believe people commented that I was rude or in trouble?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Ignore them? If you are happy with her, that is not a problem. My wife and I are looking at 45 years in June. Yep, things have physically changed for both of us but those are minor things. The love and respect are still there.

LouCee

I'm guessing it was the "especially for her age" part, some people may have thought you meant that as a slam.

I guess Steven was thinking the same thing I was.

Last edited:

edicehouse

Yes I know, I did it to be funny. Kelly and I have a special relationship. We don't have to "work" at our marriage. We have arguments and then they are over. Dawn I do refer to my shop as the Dog House, so you were spot on there.

We can tell each other if the other should not wear something in public. But I do disagree with her, I should be able to wear my Jorts to Busch Gardens.....

Ambidex

Yup...kind of silly...the online talking is a new language a lot of people "our" age don't get. The use of imogees really helps convey the message, especially when either sarcasm or tongue in cheek or any emotion is implied by the sender. It's impossible to know how someone is going to interpret your comments without emotion or facial expression. While people of the same generation may understand the meaning behind the comment, different generations have zero understanding of each others communication standards. That being said I am NOT an expert on ANYTHING. I'll leave that to others. But after raising 3 daughters, I'm not totally unqualified.:tongue:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have to agree with all the above comments - It is far too easy for folks to write things on the internet that they would never say in person. And it is too easy to have comments misconstrued due to context. Your initial post was pretty easy to read the humor as well as the respect you have for your wife. And your heading about people being "Rude" is spot on.

But, I will also make an additional personal comment. At the MPG 9 days ago, there were a few pen turners and vendors that are possibly more active on Facebook than IAP (at least for posting comments), and they were to a person, really great people. I had some nice conversations with them and they were an asset to the event.

This issue is one that I appreciate the IAP community on - while we at times "get under each other's skin" in certain instances, when things get a bit overboard, often we do self-monitor each other.

Finally, we (or at least me) spend 98% of our emotional angst on the 2% who are knuckleheads. I then need to smack myself and enjoy the company of the 98% who are great members.

sbwertz

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My husband was shopping with me one day, and picked up a pair of size 12 shorts and told me they looked like they would fit. I haven't worn size twelve in 40 years! I could have kissed him right there in the department store!

Top Bottom