PenWizard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodsmithshop

Has anyone used the Beall Pen Wizard? and if so, how does it perform? and has spending the money on it been worth it? I have been looking at it for several years now, but not sure if it is worth spending the money on. Coming from Beall, I am sure it is a well built product, just not sure if the craft shows would support it.
thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pen Zen

I read that pens made using the pen wizard don't seem to sell for a premium considering the extra work involved. eBay has been running coupons of late for 15% or 20% off a purchase. I was able to save about $50 off my Pen Wizard that way.

BKelley

I have a Pen Wizard and it does a great job. I enjoy using it, but pens worked with it really don't sell for enough to compensate for the time expended. For me, it is a self satisfaction thing and that is worth a lot. I think it is a tool that would be appreciated and welcomed in any penturner's shop.

Ben

dogcatcher

My Pen Wizard is my "toy" to play with, not many people are willing to pay for the time spent or the extra expertise needed to use it. What comes off the PW is not for sale, never has, and I doubt if it ever will be. The products are usually turned into gifts for the special people I know.

Is it worth the amount I spent? As a business, I would consider it an added expense that is more of a toy, than a viable ordinary and necessary tool of a penmaker. As a hobbyist and a tool junky, I can easily say I have enjoyed the time I have spent using it. On the other hand I can think of better woodworking buys that I have made that gave me a lot more enjoyment.

KiwiBob

I've had a Pen Wizard for about 12 mths. It is an incredibly versatile tool that does take a while to master.
Don't bother using a Dremel as the power source. The Foredom tool offers more flexibility and better range of bits.

Bryguy

I enjoy my pen wizard. I enjoy making pens and pencils. If you are looking for something that will add to your enjoyment, go for it. If you are looking for a return on investment, hold off. I haven't found that it has inproved saleability of my pens.

Top Bottom