A Penturner Fairytale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

The Four Little Penturners
Once upon a time there were four little penturners and the time came for them to leave home and seek their fortunes. Before they left, their mother told them " Whatever you do , do it the best that you can and make the perfect pen because that's the way to get along in the world.
The first little penturner made a pretty wood pen because it was the easiest thing to do, however, his finish was not perfect . The second penturner made a segmented pen. This was a little bit harder than making a pretty wood pen but still not the perfect pen since he did not nail the fit. The third little penturner made a kitless pen because it was very difficult to do and he thought that it must surely be the perfect pen, unfortunately his pen profile was a little off. The fourth little penturner made a slimline pen because he appreciated its simple elegance.
One night the big bad wolf, who dearly loved handmade pens, came along and saw the first little penturners pretty wood pen. He said "Let me in, Let me in, little penturner or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your workshop in!" "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little penturner. But of course the wolf did blow the shop in, ate the first little penturner, took his pen as his own and entered it in the:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/draft-rules-2019-iap-bash-pretty-wood-pen-contest-157632/

The wolf then saw the segmented pen. "Let me in ,Let me in little penturner or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your workshop in" "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin", said the little penturner. But the wolf blew that shop in too, ate the second little penturner, took his pen as his own and entered it in the:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/segmented-pen-contest-rules-157661/

The wolf then saw the kitless pen. " Let me in , let me in" cried the wolf "Or I'll huff and I'll puff till I blow your workshop in" "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin" said the penturner. But of course the wolf did blow the workskop in, ate the third little penturner, took his pen as his own and entered it in the:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/draft-kitless-contest-rules-157611/

The wolf then saw the slimline pen. "Let me in ,Let me in little penturner or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your workshop in" the fourth little penturner being very wise and having seen what happened to the other little penturners said "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin". But the wolf got ready to blow that workshop in and the fourth little penturner quickly said "Oh Mr. Wolf please don't blow my workshop in, take my pen as your own and eat me for if you do I'll never be able to make the perfect slimline.
The wolf was a sly old wolf and he realized that the fourth little penturner was truly talented and that it would be a shame to eat him.
The little penturner saw that the wolf was truly impressed by his slimline and said "Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin will I let you have my slimline pen unless you huff and puff and blow all the dust out of my shop"
The wolf knowing a great deal when he saw it agreed and huffed and puffed and cleaned up the fourth little penturner's shop.
The next day the little penturner went into his newly cleaned shop and made a perfect slimline and entered it into the:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f18/bash-slimline-contest-157472/

Upon winning the perfect slimline contest he the invited his mother over . She said "You see it is just as I told you. The way to get along in the world is to do things as well as you can and make the perfect pen." Fortunately for that little penturner, he learned that lesson. And he just lived happily ever after!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hmnnn, not bad - even if you got your fables mixed up.

The wolf was actually on loan from Little Red Riding Hood due to the fake news about the bacon boys and their pens.

So the Granny who showed up was actually the wolf, who did in fact eat the Slimline Guy - he did keep the pen, but forever used it as a toothpick. But hey, it was an award winning toothpick!

Top Bottom