Pens in Italy. Thank you IAP for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jontello

I wanted to share a little bit about what I am doing with pens here in Italy.

Below is a simple video that explains a bit of the work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n---nizUQ0&feature=youtu.be

My wife and I work with victims of sex trafficking in trying to help the women be free of this. We go out and talk to the women on the streets seeing what they need and try to help them in any way we can. Many of the women say that they need a job. I originally was hoping to teach them the art of pen making as an alternative form of work. Unfortunately right now the survivor of sex trafficking I am working with does not have the skills to do this. But instead we are helping her start her own business with sewing. I have been able to sell a lot of pens this last year and a half. The great thing is that all the money from the sales has gone into employing this woman for the last 6 months as well as provide her with training and tools to succeed in this endeavor. We hope to continue to do this for the next year and a half with her and hopefully help more survivors of trafficking as they are ready to make life changes.

Next year, I am looking into hiring a young Italian next year to help me with making pens so we can sell more and help more women. We are looking into opening a safe house and the sales of the pens will help fund training for survivors of sex trafficking and providing jobs for the women in the safehouse.

I wanted to say thank you for all of you who donated pen materials, tools, kits, and even money which we used to pay for some of her training. Because of all of this we have been able to invest 100 percent of what is made from the sales of the pens back into our program. Thank you IAP for your support in this.

Top Bottom