Pencil Corn Cobs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OldWrangler

Does anyone know where I can get a supply of Pencil Corn Cobs. They are usually from a popcorn variety but all I can find are the seeds to grow this. Someone must have the cobs. Please let me know....

Pencil Cob</u>
75 to 100 days â€" This old dent corn variety is a very flavorful roasting ear corn. It is quite good picked in its early milk stage (about 75 days) for frying or creaming. Since most field corn varieties have low sugar content, try adding a little sugar when creaming. It is also useful as bird and livestock feed.

The plants grow five to six feet tall produce two to three ears per stalk. As seen in the picture, it gets its name from the fact that the cobs are not much bigger in diameter than a pencil. </u>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

George I don`t have a supply of these cobs but I do have a few.I would be happy to give you 4 or 5 if that would help you out. Just e-mail me your address.

fiferb

I've heard it called Tom Thumb popcorn. I've tried making a slimline out of a cob but they were too narrow. When I drilled there was nothing left to hold it all together. Just fell apart. I did not try stabilizing at the time.

Top Bottom