Pen Storage Gone Wild

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Introducing the IPD vintage fountain pen locker. This Hamilton type cabinet is about 100 years old and has all the original drawers and hardware. 27" wide x 20" deep and 53" tall with 20 drawers. This should hold about 1000 pens.

001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seriph

Hey that is YUMMMMMMMMMY! It looks like a printer's type cabinet - is it something that's for sale somewhere or just a pic you came across? I have its metre-wide big brother here, that I modified to house a lot of my stationery, pens and pen cases etc.

While I made (more than) a few mistakes making my storage cabinet, I am OK with the result - the next one will be better, if it ever gets made

:)

The biggest mistake was that I should have made the compartments run front-to-back, not sideways to avoid rolling back and forth when opening and closing.

GentsDresser1.jpg

Here it is in context of the rest of the cabinet - apologies to anyone who had already seen it

GentsDresser6.jpg

Last edited:

IPD_Mr

Very nice.

Any pics of the drawers open?

We will post more photos once we get the slotted display trays cut and installed.

That's great, how long till you fill it up

Once we get the display trays in, about an hour. :eek:

Mike you know my address, I'll even be a nice guy and split the shipping.

Thanks Roy for offering to pay half my shipping. I do have your address and the bill is in the mail! :biggrin:

Finally!! :biggrin: It's a nice looking piece of furniture.

Yes Chuck and you know how much we are in to antiques, you have been to the shop.

Hey that is YUMMMMMMMMMY! It looks like a printer's type cabinet - is it something that's for sale somewhere or just a pic you came across?

This is a Hamilton printer's cabinet and we just got it today.

IPD_Mr

New Pics

Well someone asked for inside pics and we just got our trays in. The trays have to be cut and it is not an easy thing to do as you do not want to get anything on the velvet. Anyway here is the first drawer. Each drawer will hold 56 pens which makes this a 1176 pen cabinet.
001.JPG

Scott

I love your pen cabinet! I have way too many pens, but I could only fill up a drawer or two. It looks like you like older pens. I don't much use my older pens. If I decide to get rid of them, should I drop you a note? ;-)

Scott.

Top Bottom