pen signatures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

schellfarms

does anybody sign the pens they make? bowls are usually signed on the bottom, and most furniture makers sign somewhere too. i was just wondering if it was doable--maybe some type of crimp on the brass tube before gluing it in place??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

No, cant say I know anyone that does that. A few people like Chris laser engrave a logo onto theirs.

leehljp

Member Liaison
A few people have shown interest in this company:
http://www.microstampusa.com/
It has some micro stamps, but I don't know of anyone here who has used them.

I've thought of signing them or putting a unique mark to distinguish them, but I don't know where I could fit it that wouldn't take away from the looks of the pen.

Rifleman1776

Scott said it, a signature would detract from the pen. Other items benefit from a signature. I also make duck and game calls and have found that most buyers are collectors. I couldn't give away a call until I started signing them (laser engraved).

alamocdc

I've actually had customers tell me that I should put my name, or comapany name on my pens, but I agree with Scott and Frank. I think it would detract from the look and value of the pen. However, I have seen pens posted by one member who uses a simple symbol that he laser engraves as sort of a water mark on his pens and they don't look too bad.

angboy

As the lucky recipient of a Chris Higdon pen from last time's PITH, I can say that he does a very nice job with the way that he marks his- not only with a symbol, but also with an almost impossible to see number on them. I presonally don't think it takes anything away from the pen I got, and I kind of like it being there.

SteveRoberts

I logo my nicer pens with a very subtle laser engraving. It is more like a watermark in paper than an obvious mark. I can see it, point it out or ignore it as the circumstance dictates.

It was a decision I came to after having a number of people ask "whose pen" is this? I decided a name brand-logo would add credibility and comfort for people who wanted to give a gift that wasn't too "craft"y.

Steve

chigdon

As mentioned I have put my logo on almost every pen I have ever turned. I think it adds value, especially if you are selling to pen collectors. Most people are influenced by brand, atleast the people I want to sell to. The numbering is really a pain in the $^& and while I do it, I don't know if I suggest it. It is great for inventory and my customers really do like it but it is kind of a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom