Pen material??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AWLogue

has anyone ever seen material like this?? It could be tru-stone or acrylic of some sort.

https://www.airlineintl.com/files/html/Parker-Duofold-Pearl-International-8.jpg

According to parkerpens.net, it's an acrylic that was re-introduced into Parker's line in 1992, discontinued, and re-introduced again in 2007.

I'm sure it could be mimicked by some of the artisans on here. White or opaque pearl with a few black ribbons is all you'd need, as far as I can tell.

penmaker56

Parker introduced that color as "Moderne" in the 1920's Duofold and due to the sulfur content of the rubber in the sacs of the time, most of what you see now of those pens are ugly darkened green/brown; an original 1920's Duofold in it's original color is rare and expensive. The zigzag patterns pf black ribbon were routed in a block of pearl plastic, even in the modern version of the plastic. I did see some samples of the process when they were re-introducing the color.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Should be fair to replicate with a pearlizes blank and radial CNC. Route out a randomized pattern and fill with epoxy or double cast with PR, Alumilite or Epoxy.

Top Bottom