Pen In The Hat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

So I know baically how the PITH works, but I was hoping somebody could fill in between the lines for me. Is there any criteria to be in the PITH. Is there differnt PITHs for differnt level turners? How many pen exchanges are there in a year? Right now the best pen I've turned is an executive in this post http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81022&highlight=laminated , which isn't near the quality of the pens I've been seeing from the PITH. At least I wouldn't feel right sending it someone and getting some of the pens I've seen. So fill me in on this PITH.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Oliver this is my first time in the PITH but it is my understanding that the person who asks about it first gets to run the next one........so what material are you going to have us work in and when do you plan on having a pairing list out?

Rick P

The idea of the PITH is to have fun and challenge our abilities at our current skill level. The only limits are a required material and your imagination. The Advanced guys have been incredibly helpful and appreciative of everyone's pen, they were once were we are now and the whole point is to have fun so you don't notice your learning. At least that my take on it........got that material picked yet?

sbwertz

I've been turning a little more than a year and had turned only slims and comfort pens until now. Admittedly a LOT of slims and comfort pens :biggrin:. Then to top it all off, I drew one of the founders of IAP for my PITH partner :eek:.

I did my best and he sent me a lovely thankyou, complimenting me on my pen. So don't be afraid to jump in.

its_virgil

Usually whoever runs the particular pen trade sets the rules...what few they are. Other tan participation rules they usually include material to use such as the pine requierment in the current swap. Some trades have paired various levels(beginner, experienced, advanced, etc) with each other but most just randomly pair the participants regardless of skill levels, which is the way I prefer them run. The pen swaps are open to any member...I don't remember a swap that wasn't open to all members equally.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Derek, I've been a member for awhile now and, participated in many swaps(I think I missed out on one). I have never heard of anyone complaining about the pen they received. We all have to start somewhere. Tell you what, if you would like to swap a pen with me, I'd be happy to send you one in exchange for one of yours. Send me a PM with your address. BTW, ANY style or material is your choice. :biggrin:

D.Oliver

Oliver this is my first time in the PITH but it is my understanding that the person who asks about it first gets to run the next one........so what material are you going to have us work in and when do you plan on having a pairing list out?

How about Clay and I'll be trading with Toni!!!!!!:biggrin:

Top Bottom