Pen display help needed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been too busy to do any shows except one huge show last year. I am doing one for the second time and just had the pens laid out on the table in an attractive, well designed pattern with different levels and did quite well.
I just cannot bring myself to purchase a ready made dislay stand (lucite or box)for showing pens at an art fair or craft show.
Does anyone have a photo or a link to share for me to see ones done by woodworkers? I am handy enough with wood and have some ideas, but would like some more.
Thanks in advance,
Glenn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

I made a few of these:
20059142343_tray2.jpg
<br />

And a stand:
<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200411419350_stand2.jpg
<br />

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have also made stands similar to the one Fred shows.

If you are participating in a local craft fair, that's fine. If you are going to a "big show" where 10s of thousands of people will come through, I have decided quantity trumps quality of presentation. I have made simple pallettes (like the grey inserts on the "leatherette" display "fold overs") so that I can display up to 12 styles of pen, 15 of each. In reality, I usually only show 3 pen styles, but there are 60 cigar pens from which to select (and more in the back if you don't like these!!)

BIG shows are a numbers game-if you are showing wood turning with bowls and other "high end" stuff, you need to stay somewhat classy. I choose to sell pens, so I display PENS.

Your choice, this is ONLY MY take. Good Luck whatever you choose and keep us informed on your craft show success. These are NOT the "best of times" in the art and craft show world that I see.[xx(][xx(][xx(]

melogic

Here is a sample of what I use. Nothing fancy! I now have 3 tables this size with displays all over them.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
2004102401149_Mark%20at%20Ironton%20Hills.jpg
<br />

Dario

You'' probably laugh at me but I just saved a wooden chocolate case and planning on modifying it a bit. I'll try to post a pic tonight.

Christmas is coming soon and they will have all these nicely cased gifts that you can get and modify easily (I think). Some are wooden others even have faux leather finish. If you check Sam's in a few months you'll see what I mean.

The one I have even have a glass window/front.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The tree branch is VERY clever.

Suggestion once given to me that I have adopted.

A table suggests flea market, a raised table suggests jewelry store.

If you raise your table, you can raise your prices.

Worth considering. (PVC water pipe added to legs will raise table on hard surfaces)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom