Pen collector boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryannmphs

Here's the box that is on sale
Pen Box

These were actually on sale last week for 40% off, but they are on sale this week for 9.99 (or just over 50% off). I almost bought one box at the 40% off sale, but since I'm working there I get to see the next weeks ads a day or two before [:D]. By then end of my shift our Michaels had one box left, and knowing Michaels I doubt they will get more in [:(]

Ryan

Fangar

Originally posted by Dario
<br />I'm on my wat to Michael's in a few minutes...daughter and wife are changing as I type this [:D]

Really?

What is your wife wearing right now?

[:D]

I know this is a family site![;)]

Cheers,

Fangar

pete00

monty
thanks again ..just ran out and got the last four in store near work.
how often do they have these, do i need to go to store near house and get more.....

lol...the first thing i did when i looked at them was to think
i need to hit the finish with micro mesh...

wood-of-1kind

Consider yourself lucky (Americans). Michaels' is offering the same pen cases at $29.99 CAD here in Toronto. I passed up on these so called bargains since I found both finish(poor) and inferior quality of wood. I know, I know .... what do you expect for $29.99?????

-Peter-

ryannmphs

how often do they have these,

In the store I work at these are not normally stocked. But according to employees that have been there longer than I have, they get them in a few times a year.

The following tends to be Michaels sales policy (this is only from my observation of working there for about 3 months)
Get new merchandise in - put it on the shelf at full price.
1 week later -new merchandise is put in the ad - usually 30 -40% off.
next week - merchandise is in the ad at a fixed price (i.e. $9.99, or $10.99) and usually lower than the previous weeks reduced price.
If there are any items left (usually not) then they go back to full price for a month or 2 before being put in the clearance aisle.

Not every item in their ads follow this practice, but a lot of them do. Seasonal and everyday stocked items usually wont follow the above practice. Usually Seasonal will be in an ad at the same price, week after week after week until the store sells out. Then the item goes in the ad at an even greater mark down [:0].

Ryan

jkoehler

http://michaels.shoplocal.com/michaels/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2415087&rapid=210068&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2096017424&ref=%2fmichaels%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2415087%26pagenumber%3d1%26rapid%3d210068%26prvid%3dmichaels-051218c
I looked at the flyer on line and found this. they are $16.99.

pete00

My wife hairdresser said i could display my pens at her salon.
For 10 bucks a quick sand and refinish, this is perfect...

"Open letter to santa"
dear santa
there's this guy Monty, he's been a good boy.
Dont listen to those other people (boss,wife etc)
when you get his christmas list please get him everything he ask for.

pete....a not so good boy accourding to wife.[:(]

Dario

Just got back...scored the last 3 in the store [:D]. I agree with the finish, I'll try to refinish it if I find the time but for the price it is a real bargain.

Mikey

They only had one at the store near the office. I am calling the one by the house to see if they have more. Anyway, i thought the display boxes looked pretty darn nice, especially for $10. If I want better, I can waste 20 hours of my time making some really nice one that is worth more than all the pens I have inside, but why bother?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I just bought two of them.... very glad I missed last week's sale... this is what they look like

20051219202055_PenCase2.jpg
<br />

20051219202115_PenCase.jpg
<br />

Scott

I just picked up two of these on Saturday. Thanks for the tip on these! One is for my Boss, and one, of course, is for me! [8D]

Scott.

Easysport

Thanks for the heads up Mannie. Called the store and they had 4. Had them hold them for me and made a quick trip into town. Got all four. Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but maybe someone will want to display my pens in there store. Who knows.[xx(][xx(]

pete00

One of the insets on my box wasnt glued right, looks like all thats holding it is a couple of hits with a hot glue gun.

The good news is that if you pry the insert off, there only a couple of thin spacers holding it up. You can cut the spacer down to give you almost another inch of display room. Or you can just replace the insert altogether with felt padding.
pete

PenWorks

The finish on those boxes look pretty crewed [xx(] I sell the ones from Woodturningz, the 12 & 24 rosewood boxes are done pretty nice for the money.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I have never seen them Anthony....
The finish on the two I have is better than the picture, I also managed to dent it on the way home (don't ask) .. of course, I cherry picked through about 25 of them to find the best.. really ticked off the salesperson at the display..

Mikey

I managed to find 4 between 2 different stores. None of the ones I got look anything like the one in the picture. Also, every pen I have will fit in them, even the Panache and full size Gents. Of course, the pen is turned to the side, but the clip is still very visable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom