Peen State Industries needs a new Web site design company

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I have been having problems connecting to PSI for the past week or so. I have a shortcut that I click on, so no typo's. Typed in pennstateindustries.com but no joy, browser just spun and spun. As I sat there watching my browser spin, I thought, "naw, nobody makes that stupid mistake anymore? .... or do they?" Erased the line and retyped it as "www.pennstateind.com". that worked. If PSI wants me to explain in detail the problem they created, I can do so. For a fee..... :cool:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

My experience with their website is quite the opposite .... always fast to load and easy to find stuff. . While I have other problems with PSI, I find that their website is one of the best out there ... apart from minor errors here and there which occur on all sites.

I particularly like the way they do their instructions with (usually fairly accurate tube dimensions) and especially the bushing sizes at the bottom. . Other vendors should follow this practice, IMHO.

ONE suggestion that I would make regarding the PSI website is for them to include a New Products section. . I usually find out about their new products indirectly from other sources. . Not that it matters much .... I haven't liked many of their new products introduced in the last few years ... except the RAW kits and the No Press Diva Charm. But I digress .....

By the way ... check your signature ... "I'd go" .... where would you go ?? .... for online therapy ?? :biggrin::biggrin: ... IAP is my therapy !!

Last edited:

JimB

There probably isn't anything wrong with their website. Most likely, like many companies, they probably own multiple domain names all them a version of their name so if someone enters any of them it will direct them to their website. They have probably made the decision, again like many companies, to not renew the extra domain names to save the expense of owning and maintaining them. Therefore, since probably no one owns it, when you enter it you don't go anywhere.

On the other hand, I'm not a tech guy and I don't work for PSI so maybe I'm completely wrong!

pshrynk

Doesn't help that some backwater college also has a similar name... They got some sort of football program or something...

There is, somewhere in there a "New Products" clicky thing, I think under Pen Kits, that I recall seeing. Not comprehensive, though. I sort of like the Harley Pen they just came out with. I imagine it will be a bit seller around here.

magpens

Thanks .... yes I saw the "New Arrivals" section ... but as you said, that is not always up-to-date or comprehensive.

The bike pen they just came out with ... it has an eagle head for the nib ... it looks like it could "bite" your finger ... is the bird beak hard to write with, I wonder. I see they are sold out so somebody must have ordered and might know the answer to my question.

chartle

Thanks .... yes I saw the "New Arrivals" section ... but as you said, that is not always up-to-date or comprehensive.

The bike pen they just came out with ... it has an eagle head for the nib ... it looks like it could "bite" your finger ... is the bird beak hard to write with, I wonder. I see they are sold out so somebody must have ordered and might know the answer to my question.

They usually post things to the website before they have them. It may have to do with lead time for printing the catalog.

But it looks like its better than before. Usually the first 2 pages were all out of stock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom