Paypal problems?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I have been trying to send a payment overseas today and Paypal, for some reason, can't complete the transaction.

Is anyone else having trouble with Paypal?

:mad:

Waiting now for paypal to call me back. They say it could take up to 4 hours. :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

There is a setting buried somewhere in PayPal that will block you from sending or receiving payments internationally. It took me about a half hour to find it. Once I changed the settings... No more problems. I wish I could tell you where to look but honestly don't remember.

campzeke

OK ... Try looking here....

At the top of the page, click on the "Summary" tab.
Scroll down the left side of the page to the "Selling Tools" block and click on "Seller Preferences".
Look for the "Block Payments" line and click on "Update" on the right.

Review and change your options as needed.

Hope this helps.

frank123

Had trouble doing a payment with direct withdrawal from my bank account.

PayPal wanted faxed copies of my SS card, drivers license, and a bill with my address on it to restore that function.

Since there is no way I'm going to fax everything needed to complete perfect identity theft to them or anyone, I declined to do so. Now they will only let me pay with a credit card, which is still secure and doesn't risk identity theft near as much.

Call them, it isn't easy, and ask about it.

FWIW, I've been a PayPal user since its inception years and years ago.

stonepecker

Had trouble doing a payment with direct withdrawal from my bank account.

PayPal wanted faxed copies of my SS card, drivers license, and a bill with my address on it to restore that function.

Since there is no way I'm going to fax everything needed to complete perfect identity theft to them or anyone, I declined to do so. Now they will only let me pay with a credit card, which is still secure and doesn't risk identity theft near as much.

Call them, it isn't easy, and ask about it.

FWIW, I've been a PayPal user since its inception years and years ago.

I wouldn't give anyone that much information about me.

Paypal says the back is refusing to give them the funds. Bank says they are not even seeing a request from Paypal. Funny how the system worked just fine for everything else I have done for the past three years.
I have been on the phone with both parties and receiving the run-around from them both. Just about ready to go into the Bank and talk to the "Higher ups" running this. And Paypal tells me that nothing has changed on their end with my account in the last 6 months.

I would tear out my hair but it is already gone.

(BTW....... I had my information stolen once in my life. One reason I don't have any credit cards.)

Last edited:

stonepecker

Just an update.

Paypal is working for me to send payment within the USA. HOWEVER, it is not working for overseas payments for me.
So one of my friends here, who will remain nameless, has offered to forward my payment to George. Thank you very much Buddy!

Makes no sense to me what is going on but Paypal needs to step up and take care of things. I have invested 3 days and over 10 hours trying to get this worked out. AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING RIGHT!

Thanks to all for letting me rant.

stonepecker

New problem with paypal.....

:mad:
NOW.....I am trying to send money to someone here in the USA and paypal has me locked into sending it overseas.

THIS IS GETTING BEYOND WORD TO EXPLAIN HOW MAD I AM GETTING.

WHAT is going on with PayPal?

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It sounds like someone sort of heard your complaint when you were trying to send overseas last time. Just for the heck of it, try changing your password. Just a thought.

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Check with your bank. They sometimes block transactions to certain countries unless you authorize it with them. I ran into the same thing once.

Top Bottom