Paypal and customers reversing charges.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hanau

Be careful on selling and document all correspondence with buyers and ship only to confirm address and if possible try to use buyers email on file with paypal when corresponding with buyers.

I sold some tools to a guy through my website and had over 12 correspondence with him through email.
Shipped a order 2 weeks ago over $130 to him thought everything was good.

This past Saturday was out shopping and paypal froze the $130 charge , buyer claiming fraudulent charges.

Called paypal talked to them and explain that i had 12 emails with the guy to his email on file with paypal and shipped to his address also on file with paypal.
Hopefully that's the end of that.

Fwd all my evidence and less than 24hrs the money was back in my Acct.

This was the first time I had a issue with a charge back and this was on my website.
Never had a problem like this through Ebay or forums.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
There are people that will try and cheat you no matter what. It sounds like he just wanted something for free. Paypal and Credit Card companies will charge back or freeze the funds if the customer makes a claim. You had the support to prove your case and you got paid. It could have gone the other way without documentation to back it up.

Edward Cypher

Hate to say it John that is what happens when you make such great tools. No, but really that is so low and disgusting, that's why people do not like to do business without a face to face.

Rolandranch

I've had the same thing happen for a pen I sold at a show. However, the customer simply did not know what the charge was for when she canceled it. After I emailed her, she resent the money and everything was fine.

Top Bottom