Pampered Chef Grill Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Today has been a long day, 2 trips to the dump. A trip to Franklin with my oldest daughter after one of the dump trips. I was going to get some split chicken breasts to smoke, however there was 1 package left, so I kept looking. Found some steaks, got a few things to go with it.

Kelly marinates the steaks, and I go mow the lawn. Kelly goes to Chesapeake to get bird feed and some other things. The whole time I am thinking about the first grilled steaks of the summer. While she is gone I run back to Franklin to pick up a couple things from Lowes. And yes still thinking about those grilled steaks, and corn.

Well the time comes and come to find out, guess who is out of propane... I felt like my world ended. Kelly says she will cook them on her Pampered Cheff Grill Press, and I'm am feeling let down and say go ahead.

Well I just ate a steak, and Oh man they were good. They cooked in their own juices and I almost think it was better than a grilled steak.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I've got the top of the line George Foreman grill with all the bells & whistles.
It does a good job on steaks, chicken, fish, you name it.
Especially on a cold winter day. :biggrin:

sbwertz

A hint if you like your steaks rare...it is difficult to get a good sear on a steak in one of the tabletop grills without overcooking it if you like your meat rare. Start with the steaks frozen. Put them into the preheated grill frozen and by the time the internal temp is good for a rare steak, it has a nice sear on it.

Learned that at a local steakhouse. They keep some of their smaller (therefore thinner) steaks frozen and put them on the grill frozen so that they can get a good sear on them without overcooking a rare steak.

I like my steaks very rare...you can just brand it and drive it to the table......

Last edited:
...A trip to Franklin...

Thanks for sharing the story, Ed, and glad you enjoyed your steaks!

I especially enjoyed the little tidbits about Franklin because my lathe came from Tidewater Supply and had its first home in Franklin, before eventually taking up residence here in Michigan. It was a gift from the paper mill to my grandfather, passed down to my dad, and then to me.

cheers,
Rob

Top Bottom