PA Farm Show 2019 - Turning Demonstration

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Our local wood turning club Susquehanna Woodturners will be demonstrating wood turning in cooperation with the PA Dept of Agriculture as part of their "Hardwoods of PA" exhibit.

We will be in the Main Hall (MacClay St end) near the center of the hall.

So if you plan to visit the PA Farm Show this year, drop by and say Hello.

I will be there several days turning pens. The pens will be donated to the Turn for the Troops event in November.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Yesterday afternoon (Sunday) when well. Made four pens for the troops. The place was jumpin! Very crowded with lots of people. The lathe needs some TLC. Need to take some allen wrenches and an adjustable wrench.

I'll be there again this morning (Monday) until 2:30pm

Last edited:

randyrls

Well, tomorrow is the last day for the Farm Show. I will be there today (Friday) from about 9am until 2-4pm?
I want to get a funnel cake. I highly recommend the Brisket Sandwich. Get a fork because there will be pieces trying to escape!

So far I've finished 10 pens. I have 10 more ready to turn. Hope I get finished with them.

Are any of our members at the Farm Show? Stop by and say Hello if you are at the farm show.

Last edited:

randyrls

Well the PA Farm Show is over. I had a good time there. I turned 17 pens to completion. There was one failure, and several that didn't make the cut.
Across the top are Cherry, Maple, and Walnut.

I didn't like the walnut, it is too coarse and doesn't take a finish well.

Attachments

• Turn for the Troops Results Randy Smith.jpg
    Turn for the Troops Results Randy Smith.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom