over a foot of snow!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

And here I was raking the lawn last week! Crazy weather up here!

Well Kenora is still a nice place and I like the fishing out that way...

Raked the yard, work on a new piece of furniture...getting ready for the Habs game......

Sorry about that Chief![:0];)

Dario

We sure can use some of that colder weather down south...send it over. ;)

You can also move here, I haven't seen snow in 4 years...but be prepared to melt during summer which here is about now. [B)]

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I can't handle excessive heat, so I don't think Texas is a wise choice for me! Jim, next time you're in town, let me know and I'll take you fishing - you're right, great variety of species up here!

Ick, 15 inches since last night at midnight already, and it's still snowing! It's getting a bit ridiculous...

karlkuehn

Banned
It's been around 70 here for days, and I'm already into the 'mow the lawn every two days' schedule. Then my lawn mower broke last night. I've got the part ordered, but the website says 5-7 days shipping. Ugh...snow's sounding pretty good right now.

Maybe I can get the Amish guy across the creek to come over and bale it up for me by the time I get the mower fixed. Anybody ever made a pen outta grass? :D

Dario

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Dario, if this is summer to you, what do you call August??? [:0][:0][:0]:D

William,

Texas has various weather just like the rest but our winder is only about 7 days. [B)] Fall and Spring is about a month each and the rest is summer. [V]

Summer is further divided to hot, very hot and super hot. June, July and August I think falls in the super hot category. [xx(]

Makes sense? [?] :D

THarvey

Originally posted by Dario

William,

Texas has various weather just like the rest but our winder is only about 7 days. [B)] Fall and Spring is about a month each and the rest is summer. [V]

Summer is further divided to hot, very hot and super hot. June, July and August I think falls in the super hot category. [xx(]

In the south we have four distinct seasons, just like up north. Here the four seasons are:
  • Hot
  • Dang Hot
  • D*** IT'S HOT
  • Christmas

Each comes with it own variety of mosquitoes, gnats or other flying varmints.

I can't handle excessive heat, so I don't think Texas is a wise choice for me! Jim, next time you're in town, let me know and I'll take you fishing - you're right, great variety of species up here!

Ick, 15 inches since last night at midnight already, and it's still snowing! It's getting a bit ridiculous...

You bet, ....pickerel??[:p]

bitshird

Originally posted by Jim in Oakville

And here I was raking the lawn last week! Crazy weather up here!

Well Kenora is still a nice place and I like the fishing out that way...

Raked the yard, work on a new piece of furniture...getting ready for the Habs game......

Sorry about that Chief![:0];)
Vive Le`s Habitants
any way GO CANADIANS

Originally posted by Dario

William,

I don't know Dario, winter must have expanded some from when I firt got back to Texas after 15 years in San Francisco... In 1980 my first winter back was from 0600 to noon on February 16. At 0600 it was 16 degrees in Houston and at Noon it was 60... my kind of winter.. especially after all those summers in San Francisco where it would get into 40's at night. I actually had to use the heater in my corvette convertible almost every night.:D:D

Top Bottom