out of commission for a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

Had a small accident last week. Was trying to pull start my ATV and tore an upper deltoid muscle. Very-very painful. Can't even raise my right arm to scratch my ear. Forget holding tools. Strong pain meds don't have any effect except drowzieness. Even typing is hard. Oh, well, been hurt before. I'll heal but no new pens, or anything for a couple weeks. Eagle, your blanks will have to wait.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

All I can say is Dang that must hurt like an SOB!

Grade 3: What does it feel like?

The athlete may be unable move their arm.
Will be in severe pain.
Will have bad swelling appear immediately.
A static contraction will be painful and might produce a bulge in the muscle.
Expect to be out of competition for 3 to twelve weeks or more.

Ron Mc

Frank,
I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you recover 100% and in a brief time.
Take care,

Czarcastic

Frank:
Sounds too painful! Hope you start feeling better soon. The muscle may take some time to properly heal, but hopefully the pain will subside in a short time. Good luck!

PenWorks

Sorry to hear Frank, sounds like your shooting shoulder. Hope you heal quick. Easy on the downers, they can be habit forming. I can only take Tylynol.

coach

Frank lots of ice! 10 minutes on, 10 off. After a few days start moving it so it can stretch a little. Once you get some range of motion hit the therabands twice a day. We'll have you back on the field in no time.

Don't use heat! Makes the tear bleed.

elody21

Frank,
Sorry to hear about your injury. Walgreens has a wonderful new type of heating pad. It is filled with some type of grain. There is no plugging in. Two min. in the microwave and you get heavenly moist heat for at least 1-2 hours. I know first you apply ice to an injury to reduce swelling but if or when the Doc. says heat is ok you should try this. I have chronic pain and I use mine everyday! Hope you are feeling well soon. Catch up on watching woodworking tapes! Take Care Alice

Tangboy5000

Originally posted by ilikewood
<br />You know, I heard most people get hurt on ATV's by wrecking on them, [:D] not trying to start one.

Hope you heal soon!
I know it may not seem funny at this time, but I must agree. Hope you heal up better than before.

Fangar

Dang Frank,

Sorry to hear that I hope you mend soon. I got in another knock down fight at work the other night and cracked some cartilage where my ribs meet my sternum. Pretty easy to do nothing! Take the rest you need to heal properly.

Cheers,

Fangar

hobby_dale

Frank, sorry to hear about your shoulde and do hope you get back soon to all the things you enjoy in life...including reenacting! Take care and rest. We'll look forward to your return.

Frank, don't get in a hurry of trying to get back to work. You may do more hgarm than good. Will be praying for your recovery.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by elody21
<br />Frank,
Sorry to hear about your injury. Walgreens has a wonderful new type of heating pad. It is filled with some type of grain. There is no plugging in. Two min. in the microwave and you get heavenly moist heat for at least 1-2 hours. I know first you apply ice to an injury to reduce swelling but if or when the Doc. says heat is ok you should try this. I have chronic pain and I use mine everyday! Hope you are feeling well soon. Catch up on watching woodworking tapes! Take Care Alice

Thanks all for sympathy and tips. I'll be seeing my son and daughter-in-law this weekend. Both doctors. No sympathy from them but lots of advice, I'm sure. I'm only taking the goofy pills at bedtime, I'm very cautious with that sort of thing.

JimGo

Originally posted by MDWine
Take it easy, don't push it!

I think that was the why he was trying to start it in the first place...he didn't want to push the ATV!

Frank, best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. I look forward to seeing more of your pens soon!

By the way, when you get to the "just sore" stage (after the REAL pain is gone), there are these topical patches called Salonpas that work REALLY well. They stink like crazy (menthol), but they do an good job deadening the pain.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Had a small accident last week. Was trying to pull start my ATV and tore an upper deltoid muscle. Very-very painful. Can't even raise my right arm to scratch my ear. Forget holding tools. Strong pain meds don't have any effect except drowzieness. Even typing is hard. Oh, well, been hurt before. I'll heal but no new pens, or anything for a couple weeks. Eagle, your blanks will have to wait.

I know exactly what you are going through, I tore mine in May and was out for about 10 days, one week at home. My doctor gave me a prescription for 120 (!!!) Vicodin pills, he said I need them, well I needed only 40 of them. The first three days were the worst. Took about 3 weeks to get all the movement back.

mick

Frank, hate to hear about the accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery.....Oh BTW want me to turn that Eaglized blank for you?....[:p]

woodscavenger

How dd you rip your deltoid and leave your rotator cuff (supraspinatous muscle especially) intact? Good luck healing. If you want a cheaper heat pack get a sock....a clean one....and put white rice in it and tie a knot in the other end. Microwave for 30-60 seconds. Works great. I use it to warm my toes on cold winter nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom