Ouchhh !!!!!(GRAPHIC PICS)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RODNEYBREAN

Not paying attention, slipped with a piece of wood on the router table. lost the tip of one finger and big chunk of nail on other two. ALWAYS, Always be aware.

Attachments

• zpfile006.jpg
    zpfile006.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 304
  • zpfile008.jpg
    zpfile008.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 258
  • zpfile007.jpg
    zpfile007.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 257
  • zpfile001.jpg
    zpfile001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
OUCH!!! :eek:
That's just a reminder that we should always concentrate on our work and where our fingers will end up should we slip up..

CREID

Man, the thumbnails look bad enough, I didn't open them. Sorry this happened to you. I hate be cliché, but be careful next time, I don't want to see this happen to you again.
Best Wishes
Curt

low_48

That's going to hurt for quite a while. Sorry to say, but likely to be very sensitive to the cold weather coming up. A bit of late advice, but some nice push sticks would be a good investment! Good luck!

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
Not paying attention, slipped with a piece of wood on the router table. lost the tip of one finger and big chunk of nail on other two. ALWAYS, Always be aware.
Ouchie. As bad as it is, it could have been worse. I am thankful that you escaped with no more injury than you did. As you say, you can't lose focus even for a second. Hope you heal fast.

RODNEYBREAN

thank you for the kind remarks. Sometimes we all get too comfortable with what we are doing and accidents only take a second. I have been a High End Carpenter for over 25 yrs, only had 2 accidents, sorry to say with the same hand and fingers!! I ALWAYS use guards and safety equip. Sometimes Things happen.

sschering

I'm scared to death of routing small pieces on the router table..

I made a clamping jig for that kind of work to keep my hands as far away as possible.

jttheclockman

Jigs and jigs safely built are always the key to successful woodworking. Stopping to take the time to make them and then to use them is the key to a healthy woodworking experience. heal quickly and get back on the horse. learn from your mistakes though.

magier412

Hope that last pic is of you and your hand in the ER...

Sorry that happened, but always good to remember that it can happen in the blink of an eye. Hope that you heal quickly. Ouch doesn't begin to describe...

BJohn

"Now comes the wrath of the Wife...hope you heal quickly.."

Sorry about the accident, hope you heal quickly.

As mentioned earlier It may take longer to heal from the chewing....

steamshovel

I was out in my shop cutting some parts for a corner shelf and all I could think about was this post and my fingers, so I stopped and thought this out a little more and said to myself CHANGE, I did and everything worked find. Your post made me think, am I doing this right? I don't know if I prevented an accident but I was thinking, don't ask my wife if I was thinking. I'm assuming your name is Rodney. Rodney you made someone be aware and for that I thank you.
I hope you heal back like new

Preston Edwards

RODNEYBREAN

Preston,

That's exactly why I posted this. I'm glad you stopped and took a minute. I have been in carpentry for over 20 yrs. I've Only had 2 accidents. One with a table saw and this one. Unfortunately they both involved the same hand . If I would have stopped and thought about it like you did, this probably wouldn't have happened. I'm glad to hear someone took a second and thought about it. We just get too complacent. I won't for a while.

Thanks,

Rodney

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I was thinking that it is impressive that you can remove a part of your fingers and still take the time to take pictures of it before doing anything about it. I think we need to go hang out sometime....LOL

Top Bottom