Ordering Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Repromander

I have ordered from all 3. Woodturnigz get me stuff to my house in three days every time. PennStateind 1 week. Rocker I will grow a beard before it get to me.
anyone have the same experience.

And who do you all get your Supplies from. taking in account price,shipping and quality of product.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

My number one source is always Exotic Blanks--fast, friendly service, and my wife loves the peanut M&Ms. Woodturningz and Woodnwhimsies are probably next in line if EBs doesn't have what I need. For TBC bushings, Lazerlinez has great prices and fast shipping (I usually toss a couple of their great stabilized Buckeye Burl blanks into the cart for good measure). I'm still a bit ticked at PSI as they've never made good on a part for me (well, they tried, but sent the wrong replacement and a followup call was never fulfilled) and yes, it does take a while for them to ship. Have never ordered from Rockler--there is one an hour away from me, and I have purchased from them a couple of times. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Regards,
Michael

keithncsu

So far all I've used is CSUSA and Exotic Blanks. Both have been great. Drive to woodcraft every once in awhile.

People keep mentioning these peanut M&Ms from Exotic Blanks. Every order I've had has been tootsie rolls. No complaints here! Wonder if it's a geographical or making sure it doesn't melt thing?

JimB

I use many different suppliers including the ones you mention and many more. It all depends on what I am buying and who has the best price (including shipping). I am never in a rush to get what I want so shipping time isn't important.

beck3906

It's a matter that we've become a "fast-food" society. We expect to place an order and have it delivered quickly.

It wasn't too many years ago we mailed in the order and waited for days to weeks to get the order. Then we could phone it in and save the mail times to the business.

Now, the Internet is expected to send us shipping status within minutes after the order is submitted. :)

Repromander

It's a matter that we've become a "fast-food" society. We expect to place an order and have it delivered quickly.

It wasn't too many years ago we mailed in the order and waited for days to weeks to get the order. Then we could phone it in and save the mail times to the business.

Now, the Internet is expected to send us shipping status within minutes after the order is submitted. :)

Not really expecting as in Fast Food. But USPS will get it out and in my hand in 3 days i don't think that's unreasonable. Unlike others that put it on the Pony express.

rgullion

I would like to add Signature Pen Supply to the discussion. I have been very happy with the quality and the service they have provided. And they have some unique offerings you should check out.

Others i often use are Exotic Blanks and Classic Nib.

These three suppliers are responsible for spoiling all of us turners with great service.

MTViper

Bear Tooth Woods is my go to supplier. I order from PSI when they have a sale and I'm not in a hurry. I've also used Woodturningz, Arizona Silhouettes, and a few more for specific items, but BT is where I start. Great service and good people.

Top Bottom