Opinions on CookWoods?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Sorry never bought from them. Looks like they have good quality wood though...but a bit expensive, you can do better (price wise) elsewhere [;)]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ang, or do you prefer Mr. Boy?

I agree with Dario. They are very proud of the wood that they sell! As an aside, have you checked the individual classified here on the site? Dario and several other members offer really nice wood at, in my opinion, much better prices. It is really hard to beat Dario's mesquite.

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
Originally posted by angboy
<br />Has anyone ordered from CookWoods online and if so, are they a good company to roder from? Thanks!
Yes, I have. Yes, they are expensive. But my experience with them was good, no complaints. They put their best stuff on ebay, often truly spectacular stuff, because they <b>can</b> get those high prices. Of course I'd love much of their wood at a fraction of the price...

jckossoy

I've bought from them as well. They are a little more expensive, but they have some extremely nice woods and are very prompt on shipping.

Kol Tov,

Doghouse

I have picked up some of their woods off ebay, and it was a good deal. The wood was excellent quality and a good deal. Caution should be taken as you can find better deals here quite often.

YoYoSpin

I "won" a large maple burl on eBay from Cook a couple of years ago, and received another piece of wood all together, shipped to me by mistake. Then they tell me my piece has been lost and ask if I'd mail the piece I got to their correct customer, and then mail the shipping receipt to them for reimbursement of my cost. It took about six weeks to get my money back.

angboy

Thanks everyone for all the input. I do keep tabs here on the classifieds from members. But I have seen a couple of types of wood on other sites like the CookWoods site that I haven't seen anyone advertisitng here. Particularly, I saw the blue mahoe, bois de rose, katalox and camatillo (either on theirs or another one, but their's seemed to have the most of the ones I found that seemed pretty unique). I'll keep watching to see if any shows up here.

wayneis

I've bought from Cook a couple times with no problems, for the collector they are a good resource. A Company that I like better though is Gilmer Woods, they have photos of each piece thats for sale and when you order you get what you saw. Gilmer has to be my favorite site to visit and also to purchase when I need that something special that you just can't get anywhere else. Gilmer also is not cheap but I feel that you get what you pay for.

Wayne

DWK5150

I have purchased from them many times and never had any problems but they are very expensive. If you do enough business with them once in a while they will toss in a smalll gift with your purchase.

wood-of-1kind

Gave tis company a try and must report total[:(]. I ordered 35 blanks in total and am completely bummed out with the poor quality. I've contacted them to try to get a resolution and still have not heard from the owner. Basic problem is that I ordered quality pen blanks but they shipped me a bunch of 'bananas'. I may be a little twisted but their [most]blanks are completely warped [V][V][V]. Thumbs down for me in regards to reordering from this supplier. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom