OOGACHAKA OOGA OOGA OOGACHAKA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So yesterday I had a day to roam in downtown Philadelphia while the IAP Collection was resting from two taxing days on display.

I ended up at the Science History Institute Museum. As I looked at the exhibits of the prototypes of the first Gas Mass Spectrometers, MRI machines, and displays of the evolution of Celluloid and Bakelite materials, I was reminded that I knew essentially nothing of these processes (My wife does, but alas she was back in Ohio).

So, I had no option but to turn on a favorite song from a Sci-Fi Movie: Blue Swede, Awesome Mix I.

Full Soundtrack.

But hey, I like the song writer's name!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

the Science History Institute Museum--the one also known by the acronym SHIM? Were the floors level??? :biggrin: (sorry, i couldn't stop the feeling deep inside of me!!)

earl

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
the Science History Institute Museum--the one also known by the acronym SHIM? Were the floors level??? :biggrin: (sorry, i couldn't stop the feeling deep inside of me!!)

earl

Yes, nice floors and stairs!

The Bakelite display was cool - the first synthetic plastic. Many uses for many years, including pens. I still don't understand the process - but I looked mighty serious in front of the display :hypnotized:

Top Bottom