Only in the movies....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

53Jim

How many times have you said that phrase?? Today I did. While I was working, I was driving down the interstate around Green Bay, WI when traffic came to a very quick halt. As I was moving through the slow down, I saw a bunch of people picking stuff up off the road. When I got closer I noticed it looked like money.

Several hours later my wife (who works for the same company as I, only she's an office rat, instead of a driver) called me to tell me that it was money the people were picking up.

A money bag fell off an armoured car and broke open - spilling $110,000 on the road. I saw one bundle (in passing) that was approx. 3 inches thick. After 6 hours, the cops had only accounted for $72,000.

The sad part is...none of the missing money is in my pockets:(:(

ONLY IN THE MOVIES

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I wouldn't consider that particularly sad! The sad part was that the police could only account for $72,000. Like most, I've picked up a coin that was on the ground without looking around to see who lost it but that's about as far as that goes. The money was someone's and the people who collected and kept it darned sure knew it wasn't their's. Hope none of them were penturners!!!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by tipusnr
<br /> Hope none of them were penturners!!!

How do you think they are supporting their hobby.. [}:)][}:)][}:)]
BTW, for those of you who are literal readers.. that is a joke..

ryannmphs

It's kinda like a story that was on the local news last week. A mom and her kid rented a car for the weekend. As they were driving around the kid opens up the glove box and an envlope falls out. He looks inside of it and there's $3k, in cash!!!
Mom says it's not theirs and returns it to the rental agency who tracks down the last person to rent the car. Turns out it belonged to a Chinese restaurant. As a reward they got a free meal and $500.00.

Ryan

Ron Mc

WOW, $500.00 sure would buy a lot of Chinese food! problem is you'll still be hungry.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom