Only $10.85 each

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
And that includes shipping....
MMM the style looks strangely familiar...
Hey Ron Mc... I think the asian market is stealing your ideas.. :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/FP0101BIF-New-M...6577896376QQcategoryZ7281QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
0101BIF1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

[:0] $3.59 buy it now!!! and $6.85 shipping ($3.85 shipping per additional pen)

Look at his line...not bad for the price

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZqutieshop

How can you compete with that???

PenWorks

I like the mini cigerette FP for .59 [:D]

There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900), (attributed)

Dario

Anthony...you are right. Shoot for a different market [:D] and actually those who buy from this seller will (probably) eventually come around.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
"If you want fresh, clean, first-quality oats, I will sell them to you at a fair price. If you don't mind getting them after they've been processed through a horse, you find get them quite a bit cheaper." (Sales proverb)

Ron Mc

Well now isn't that just lovely! Maybe someday they'll figure out how to do it right so that the seems line up and sand it beyond 200 grit!
Maybe I'll buy this one to use as an example of what my clients could be getting. LOL

dancrafted

There is a small pen shop here in El Paso how had agreed to purchase 20 diamonwood wood stream line pens from me for
$17.00 each. When I went to deliver these last weekend. He back out of the deal because he was able to get 30 for these pens a $6.00 each. I looked a the pens very closely. They are good. Mechanisms work flawlessely. The only thing I have over this pen is my finish is way above these. Oh well he bought a couple of piano pens and snake skins so it wasent a total loss.

its_virgil

And they can't compete with us on quality. These pens are the cheapest kits available, machine made, no finish to speak of...Places like Mardel's sell them engraved and in a wooden box for $14.95. Take a look at one next time you get a chance. You'll not want to bring the quality of your pens down to the quality of these cheapies to compete...at least I hope not.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jkoehler
<br />well. it didnt take long for someone to cheapen the hobby?
how are we supposed to compete with stuff like this?

Randy_

Those pens are the "BICS" of the fountain pen world.....worth about the 99 cents that many of the auctions are starting at. Notice that the hardware is all described as "GOLDTONE." Not once will you find the "k" designation as in 24k gold. The color on those pens will be gone in a week and the finish in about two. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. The advent of the BIC didn't put Mont Blanc or the other good pen makers out of business and this guy won't put us out of business, either. For those buyers who aren't soured on the whole idea of a fountain pen, their next pen will be one of yours as they won't ever buy a second one of those cheapies!!! How many of us started off with a cheap lathe or tool and upgraded to a higher quality item later on?? Maybe we should thank this guy for getting more folks interested in fountain pens......there are an awful lot of people who have never seen or used one. A lot of people might not be willing to spring for $50-$75 for a FP when they have never used one before; but might be willing to do so after having been introduce to the medium through one of these starter pens???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom