Online auction (TEXAS)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

"lemons"? In Tomball, Texas? [:0][:p] I'll bite my tongue. If I wasn't on a vow of nicety to Texas, there's a dozen good straight lines in that. [:D] Actually, might be some good deals there. But at the price of shipping/gasoline today, one would have to live locally to take advantage.

Dario

If I am handy in fixing/reconditioning shop equipments...these could be a gold mine. Our local college just auctioned of a lot of compressors, lathes, drill press, welding machines, planner, bandsaw, grinding/buffing stations, etc. But not knowing what will entail to have them running properly turned me off. Most are actually in good running condition...just not brave enought to risk my hard earned $$$.

The ones they have are really good brands too!!! [V] Another turn off...say you manage to bring them home...you will need a forklift to unload most of them too [:p].

ryannmphs

Getting equpment that needs to be "tuned" up seems to be my lot in life. [:)] I just got a Delta 1440 (even though I swore I'd never get another Delta tool) for $200. There is a vibration in the HS so I'm going to replace all the bearings, retaining clips and washers. Total cost about $60.00 (includes new belt and shipping) so for $260.00 I'm going from a Delta Midi lathe to a Delta 1440 Ironbed lathe.

Ryan

alamocdc

If I thought I had a way to get it here, that Powermatic Model 90 looks nice. Sure, it may need a little work, but those old lathes are almost bullet proof.

its_virgil

I have a powermatic 90 just like the picture that I picked up for $100 at a school surplus auction. It is a nice lathe. I just wish it were VS.
do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />If I thought I had a way to get it here, that Powermatic Model 90 looks nice. Sure, it may need a little work, but those old lathes are almost bullet proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom