That one blank...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

Anybody ever run into a just plain bad blank? I've just had one, Kirinite of all things. Didn't want to be drilled without trying to melt no matter how slow it was, and then showed a ton of subsurface cracks after turning and sanding. The second blank of the pair drilled and turned fine. Comments?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Pen blanks are manufactured in sheets, then cut to blanks, usually before your vendor receives them.

Unfortunately, lately I have seen a few blanks that were likely cut from the edge of the sheet, where bubbles are a possibility. If you purchased it from Exotics, let me know, we will replace it (free) in your next shipment.

gtriever

Actually it was from an EB order back in November. While I appreciate your offer, I wouldn't expect you to replace it. Let's just write this one off, and give you credit for another example of great customer service.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually it was from an EB order back in November. While I appreciate your offer, I wouldn't expect you to replace it. Let's just write this one off, and give you credit for another example of great customer service.

I order a couple hundred at a time, we expect them all to be good, but if a couple are bad, we can afford to replace them. PLEASE mention it in your comments on your next order and I will send you a free replacement. You have a right to expect USABLE blanks!!! Which is what we want to provide for you!!

Circuit board blanks, i don't know that i have actually completed one. Always get down to that last 1/8 inch and the resin just breaks off the circuit board material.

Now that i am more experienced, i may give them another try

stonepecker

Sounds like a new pen for the "Difficult To Write With" contest .......sub-section B: 'Difficult to make With'.

The best thing is after all these years.......Ed understands when it might just be the blank and not the turner. Also, with service like this......why would you buy anywhere else? I know others give good service. My opinion, the People at Exotic Blanks give the best service. (even if it is hard to get them to answer the phone.)

LOL

Top Bottom