Omas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Has anyone ever heard of Omas pens?

We stopped at an estate auction this morning and bid on a lot of several boxes. We ended up winning the lot and on our way to the truck, we had a gentleman ask us what items we bought the lot for. Apparently, there was a pen in one of the boxes that he was interested in, as he wanted it for his collection.

We dug out an older pen box and inside was a fountain pen that was a brown, orange, and white color that resembled bird feathers. It seemed well used since the plating was worn on the clip and it had some light scratches.
Inside of the box lid it said Omas.

He said he would give us what we paid for the lot, for the pen. Since we didn't even know about the pen, and we got the items we wanted, we agreed.

So, I looked up Omas and the are an Italian pen company started in 1925.
I don't know the vintage of the pen we sold, but looking at some of them online, I think we might have been taken. I haven't found the exact pen, but some of the older pens, in worse shape, are fairly pricey.

I'm glad we were able to help this gentleman with his collection, or maybe his wallet, and we got the rest, at his cost.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I was able to find a photo of one pretty similar. The difference being the condition and also the points of the colors were all the same direction.

If anyone has information, it would be appreciated.

cE0iHHE.png

duncsuss

Omas pens is now out of business, but an enterprising person bought up all the remnant celluloid rods and makes "replicas" of them.

They have a very good reputation, and he probably got a real bargain -- you didn't mention how much you paid for the lot, but my guess is the value of the Omas gold nib alone might have been more.

You got a bargain too, I'm not sure what you were left with, but it was free.

Scott

I have a couple of Omas pens, and they are prized possessions! If your pen looked like the one above, that material they called "Arco", and it came in a couple of colors. That is a celluloid material, and the pens are highly sought after. The guy probably got a good deal on the pen from you, but value is relative, and if you got what you wanted, then you did OK too!

Scott.

Top Bottom